Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 2 Mock
Now that Rd 1 is in the books and Amarius Mims is a Bengal, it's time to try to predict Rds 2 and 3.

49) TJ Tampa, CB Iowa St - As much as I could see the Bengals being willing to wait on a CB because of who they have, I think Tampa could be BPA here based on what DTs and WRs there are. I love Tampa's fit into Anarumo's defense.

80) Brenden Rice, WR USC - Bengals are very likely prepping for Higgins' departure after this season. Rice as the potential to be a good WR2 as early as next season.

97) Ben Sinnott/Theo Johnson/Cade Stover, TE - All are projected late 3rd, and I don't feel the Bengals will be pressed to take one at 80. Just like they did at 18, they will wait patiently to see who falls to them. I don't think all of these TEs will be gone by this pick and would be happy with any of them.

If DT isn't taken today, I predict one taken in Rd 4-5. And they have a lot of Day 3 ammo to trade around if they really want a guy and afraid of missing out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Now that Rd 1 is in the books and Amarius Mims is a Bengal, it's time to try to predict Rds 2 and 3.

49) TJ Tampa, CB Iowa St - As much as I could see the Bengals being willing to wait on a CB because of who they have, I think Tampa could be BPA here based on what DTs and WRs there are. I love Tampa's fit into Anarumo's defense.

80) Brenden Rice, WR USC - Bengals are very likely prepping for Higgins' departure after this season. Rice as the potential to be a good WR2 as early as next season.

97) Ben Sinnott/Theo Johnson/Cade Stover, TE - All are projected late 3rd, and I don't feel the Bengals will be pressed to take one at 80. Just like they did at 18, they will wait patiently to see who falls to them. I don't think all of these TEs will be gone by this pick and would be happy with any of them.

If DT isn't taken today, I predict one taken in Rd 4-5. And they have a lot of Day 3 ammo to trade around if they really want a guy and afraid of missing out.

It's wishful thinking, but this is how my mock simulator looked.  I'd be ecstatic with this. 

49.[Image: Bengals.png]
Jackson Powers-JohnsonOC Oregon

80.[Image: Bengals.png]
Maason SmithDT LSU

97.[Image: Bengals.png]
Jermaine BurtonWR Alabama
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Now that Rd 1 is in the books and Amarius Mims is a Bengal, it's time to try to predict Rds 2 and 3.

I'd good if you take Duke's job.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It's going to be interesting to see which teams start the RB and TE runs and if the Bengals gamble on T'Vondre Sweat at 80 or 97.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:44 AM)Synric Wrote: It's going to be interesting to see which teams start the RB and TE runs and if the Bengals gamble on T'Vondre Sweat at 80 or 97.

Do we know if they have any interest in Sweat at all?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:54 AM)Stewy Wrote: Do we know if they have any interest in Sweat at all?

Sweat was in Cincy for a top 30 visit like 2 days before his DWI lol. Bengals have done their homework on all the Nose Tackles in this class.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:44 AM)Synric Wrote: It's going to be interesting to see which teams start the RB and TE runs and if the Bengals gamble on T'Vondre Sweat at 80 or 97.

I thought about that.
I do wonder though if they think (like many of us do) how dumb do you have to be to put yourself in that situation leading up to the biggest career moment of your life?
They might have him completely off their board or possibly waiting until Day 3 because of the DWI.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought about that.
I do wonder though if they think (like many of us do) how dumb do you have to be to put yourself in that situation leading up to the biggest career moment of your life?
They might have him completely off their board or possibly waiting until Day 3 because of the DWI.

All I know is T'Vondre Sweat is the only NT in this class that I can comfortably say can handle 55% of the snaps Day 1. I have a mid day 2 grade on him so #49 is rich but #80 and #97 are perfect spots for the player we saw on tape. 

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:04 AM)Synric Wrote: All I know is T'Vondre Sweat is the only NT in this class that I can comfortably say can handle 55% of the snaps Day 1. I have a mid day 2 grade on him so #49 is rich but #80 and #97 are perfect spots for the player we saw on tape. 

Prior to the DWI, I was ok taking him at 49, personally.
You look at prospects a lot closer and more time than I do though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Prior to the DWI, I was ok taking him at 49, personally.
You look at prospects a lot closer and more time than I do though.

Not this year I only did around 80 which is half of what I usually do lol. I'm renovating a 75 unit apartment complex this year I have zero free time. 

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:04 AM)Synric Wrote: All I know is T'Vondre Sweat is the only NT in this class that I can comfortably say can handle 55% of the snaps Day 1. I have a mid day 2 grade on him so #49 is rich but #80 and #97 are perfect spots for the player we saw on tape. 

My guess is he'll be long gone by #80. 
Reply/Quote
We need to trade what ever it takes to go get Newton. Some mocks had us taking him at 18. It’s an immediate need and he’s the best on the board. Trade up, be aggressive. Round 1 was a bit of a project. Now get aggressive and get a guy that can come in and play productive snaps and actually help win games. I’m shocked he wasn’t drafted. Some had him as DT1, if not he was very close to Murphy who went early.

Come on Bengals, make it happen!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:53 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: We need to trade what ever it takes to go get Newton. Some mocks had us taking him at 18. It’s an immediate need and he’s the best on the board. Trade up, be aggressive. Round 1 was a bit of a project. Now get aggressive and get a guy that can come in and play productive snaps and actually help win games. I’m shocked he wasn’t drafted. Some had him as DT1, if not he was very close to Murphy who went early.

Come on Bengals, make it happen!

Bengals seem to be more prone to trading DOWN in Rd 2, not up.
They have a lot of depth that needs upgraded (or at least competition), so I don't think a trade up in Rd 2 is likely.
Depends how much they value that 3rd round comp pick and/or their 4th round pick, I think.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought about that.

This isn't directly at you because lots of people have had the same thoughts, but what I haven't seen anyone mention is the fact that any team interested in him likely isn't going to immediately strike him off their board.  What he did was dumb, not violent.  He's a big dumb kid.  The most likely thing they did was talk to him (teams call, multiple coaches, multiple ears).  Ask him about it, and in doing so his responses to them would gauge their continued interest (positive or negative).

To immediately remove him from your board because of a college kid getting a DUI is as dumb as the initial DUI itself.  Due diligence demands more.  Thus any team still interested would have done the same, and would be fine taking him in the 3rd or not at all.  If you wait till the 4th+, you're not getting him.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: My guess is he'll be long gone by #80. 

I agree.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:45 PM)Stewy Wrote: This isn't directly at you because lots of people have had the same thoughts, but what I haven't seen anyone mention is the fact that any team interested in him likely isn't going to immediately strike him off their board.  What he did was dumb, not violent.  He's a big dumb kid.  The most likely thing they did was talk to him (teams call, multiple coaches, multiple ears).  Ask him about it, and in doing so his responses to them would gauge their continued interest (positive or negative).

To immediately remove him from your board because of a college kid getting a DUI is as dumb as the initial DUI itself.  Due diligence demands more.  Thus any team still interested would have done the same, and would be fine taking him in the 3rd or not at all.  If you wait till the 4th+, you're not getting him.

Here were the details of the DWI...
https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/horns-report/tvondre-sweat-charged-with-dwi-after-early-morning-crash-in-austin-affidavit-says/

Quote:The crash caused the Bronco to lose control and land on its side on the I-35 service road. The collision didn’t cause serious injuries, court documents state. Sweat told authorities he drank “2 or 3 shots of tequila prior to driving and the crash,” the affidavit states. He had the key to the vehicle in his pocket, police said. A preliminary breath test was done, and according to the affidavit, it was over the .08 legal limit at .105. A blood test was also administered at the scene, the affidavit said.

So it wasn't that he was just swerving some and a cop pulled him over.
He crashed his car and it landed on its side.
Luckily, no other person or car was involved, but there could have been.

That's why I personally take these things more seriously than some do.
But if you're Zac Taylor and you preach getting guys with good character and team captains, this is not really something that fits that.
Sure, you could argue what about Joe Mixon, but Mixon wasn't drafted under the Taylor regime.

My point being some teams/coaches could (and possibly do) see things like this as so boneheaded that they don't want that person in their organization at all.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:45 PM)Stewy Wrote: This isn't directly at you because lots of people have had the same thoughts, but what I haven't seen anyone mention is the fact that any team interested in him likely isn't going to immediately strike him off their board.  What he did was dumb, not violent.  He's a big dumb kid.  The most likely thing they did was talk to him (teams call, multiple coaches, multiple ears).  Ask him about it, and in doing so his responses to them would gauge their continued interest (positive or negative).

Raise your hand if you have never once operated a vehicle with a blood alcohol content over the limit.  Both my hands are in my pockets.

I'm not saying it's right -- and if you have a family member or friend who was hurt by a driver over the limit, I don't mean to offend you.  I agree with Stewy.  As long as he doesn't have an alcohol addiction, if he acknowledges his mistake and convinces the Bengals that it won't happen again, he deserves a chance.  I had a lot more of a problem with Mixon, but apparently he was just another kid who made a dumb mistake.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:00 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Raise your hand if you have never once operated a vehicle with a blood alcohol content over the limit.  Both my hands are in my pockets.

I'm not saying it's right -- and if you have a family member or friend who was hurt by a driver over the limit, I don't mean to offend you.  I agree with Stewy.  As long as he doesn't have an alcohol addiction, if he acknowledges his mistake and convinces the Bengals that it won't happen again, he deserves a chance.  I had a lot more of a problem with Mixon, but apparently he was just another kid who made a dumb mistake.

Without the off-field incident, Sweat was projected a Rd 2 pick. Somewhere in the 40-60 range.
If he falls out of the 2nd round, one can argue the DWI affected some teams' opinions of him.
Or maybe he just isn't that good of a talent and fans/analysts are overvaluing his ability.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here were the details of the DWI...
https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/horns-report/tvondre-sweat-charged-with-dwi-after-early-morning-crash-in-austin-affidavit-says/

So it wasn't that he was just swerving some and a cop pulled him over.
He crashed his car and it landed on its side.
Luckily, no other person or car was involved, but there could have been.

That's why I personally take these things more seriously than some do.
But if you're Zac Taylor and you preach getting guys with good character and team captains, this is not really something that fits that.
Sure, you could argue what about Joe Mixon, but Mixon wasn't drafted under the Taylor regime.

My point being some teams/coaches could (and possibly do) see things like this as so boneheaded that they don't want that person in their organization at all.

Thanks for this Ochocincos, makes me hesitant on picking Sweat again...

My Day 2 Mock...

2nd round - Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky
3rd round - Ben Sinnott TE Kansas State
3rd round - Tanor Bortolini Center/Guard Wisconsin
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this Ochocincos, makes me hesitant on picking Sweat again...

My Day 2 Mock...

2nd round - Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky
3rd round - Ben Sinnott TE Kansas State
3rd round - Tanor Bortolini Center/Guard Wisconsin

Corley seems like a solid guy.   I'd be all for him after this interview.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdImmVQ7Lto
Reply/Quote