Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Steelers / Bengals exchange social media after game
(12-15-2015, 04:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You'll have to point out where I used semantics.  If you consider every time someone says, "I'll kill you", to be a death threat then you're not well versed in the English language or the colloquialisms of our nation.  You are also, one could logically assume, not personally well versed in the kind of slang being used in the tweet in question.  You are also, demonstrably, unaware of what constitutes an actual death threat.  You have to make a threat that a reasonable person would assume you intend to carry out.  Seeing as how this already excludes you you'll have to trust the judgment of the calmer, smart and better educated around you to point out just how foolish you're being.

So, in essence you either believe Williams really intends to kill Burfict or you believe that the idea that a "death threat" was made is a laughable one. 

I don't believe for a second that Williams actually intends to track Burfict down in Miami and shoot him on sight. But that doesn't changed the fact that he hit the send button and his words were out there. Maybe emotions got the best of Williams that day, but nothing can hide what he said and what it meant. "Going to paint you" = I'm going to shoot you. There's no debate, and it doesn't take a "urban" type of individual to figure out that's what he meant. You keep downplaying this in defense of him to try and win this pissing match of "who's player said what" on social media.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers / Bengals exchange social media after game - yellowxdiscipline - 12-16-2015, 11:07 AM