Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Round 2 Predictive Picks
I think this is the bucket of guys that the bengals will value by position group

DT - Johnny Newton, Ruke Orhorohoro

WR - Ladd McConkey, AD Mitchell, Ja'Lynn Polk

IOL - JPJ, Zach Frazier, Christian Haynes

CB - Cooper DeJean, Kool-aid, Mike Sainristil

OT - Roger Rosengarten, Kingsley Suamataia ( Yes I do think they could double dip at OT)

These 12 players are guys they have spent time with in the predraft process and fall in the 2nd round range.

My Prediction is they will move up in round 2 and get a guy

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Think you left out Kris Jenkins. He is my hope and prediction. Hell, we haven't hit on a Michigan guy since Leon Hall, so we're due.

They did trade up in the 2nd for CTB, so it's not out of the question. But I wouldn't predict it.
Reply/Quote
I will put Malachi Corley and Xavier Leggette in here for WR.

Jonathan Brooks, Trey Benson, Braelon Allen at RB.

Cooper Beebe, Tanor Bortolini for IOL.

McKinnley Jackson and T'Vondre Sweat at NT. Probably be 3rd rounders though along with Kris Jenkins as Speedy said.

Leonard Taylor and Brandon Dorlus for 3-tech as well as the ones you mentioned Okeana.

Ben Sinnott, Theo Johnson and Cade Stover at TE are possibilities.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Think you left out Kris Jenkins.  He is my hope and prediction.  Hell, we haven't hit on a Michigan guy since Leon Hall, so we're due.

They did trade up in the 2nd for CTB, so it's not out of the question.  But I wouldn't predict it.

I didn't leave him off the list, he did zero work in the preseason with the bengals.  They don't typically draft someone they haven't met with

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will put Malachi Corley and Xavier Leggette in here for WR.

McKinnley Jackson and T'Vondre Sweat at NT. Probably be 3rd rounders though along with Kris Jenkins as Speedy said.

Leonard Taylor and Brandon Dorlus for 3-tech as well as the ones you mentioned Okeana.

since Leggette was already drafted, that's gonna be a tough ask.  All the guys on your list are round 2 reaches or they haven't do any form of predraft interviews or coaching with.  

THIS IS NOT A LIST OF PEOPLE I THINK THEY SHOULD DRAFT, ITS PREDICTIVE! lol

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: since Leggette was already drafted, that's gonna be a tough ask.  All the guys on your list are round 2 reaches or they haven't do any form of predraft interviews or coaching with.  

THIS IS NOT A LIST OF PEOPLE I THINK THEY SHOULD DRAFT, ITS PREDICTIVE! lol

Ah, didn't know Leggette got drafted last night. Beebe isn't a reach in the 2nd around our pick , nor is Corley, but agree the others are 
most likely 3rd or 4th rounders.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:07 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Think you left out Kris Jenkins. He is my hope and prediction. Hell, we haven't hit on a Michigan guy since Leon Hall, so we're due.

They did trade up in the 2nd for CTB, so it's not out of the question. But I wouldn't predict it.

Morgan Trent was an excellent 3/4 CB until he left us.
Jury's out on Dax, who had an excellent first half last year.
Ditto on all accounts with Turner.

The only two that have, "underperformed," are Glasgow and Evans, but Evans isn't counted upon and Glasgow was always the 4th or 5th DT.

Robbins is the only miss (thus far)

So we've drafted 6 players in 17 years: getting good contributions from 3 of them and potentially 1 more isn't bad at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think this is the bucket of guys that the bengals will value by position group

OT - Roger Rosengarten, Kingsley Suamataia ( Yes I do think they could double dip at OT)

These 12 players are guys they have spent time with in the predraft process and fall in the 2nd round range.

Please god no on sanistril
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Morgan Trent was an excellent 3/4 CB until he left us.
Jury's out on Dax, who had an excellent first half last year.
Ditto on all accounts with Turner.

The only two that have, "underperformed," are Glasgow and Evans, but Evans isn't counted upon and Glasgow was always the 4th or 5th DT.

Robbins is the only miss (thus far)

So we've drafted 6 players in 17 years: getting good contributions from 3 of them and potentially 1 more isn't bad at all.

Yeah, I still think Dax will be damn good, same with DJ Turner.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ah, didn't know Leggette got drafted last night. Beebe isn't a reach in the 2nd around our pick , nor is Corley, but agree the others are 
most likely 3rd or 4th rounders.

beebe and corley have no interaction with bengals, while I agree their both good players, they tend to draft players early that they interview or coach during the pre draft process

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 05:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: beebe and corley have no interaction with bengals, while I agree their both good players, they tend to draft players early that they interview or coach during the pre draft process

Cool, will Frazier be able to play by Training Camp is my question, believe he broke his leg in the Bowl game?

Really like Frazier when he is healthy just don't know if he will be able to play immediately.

We had interaction with all the players you mention? I remember we talked with Newton for sure...
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, will Frazier be able to play by Training Camp is my question, believe he broke his leg in the Bowl game?

Really like Frazier when he is healthy just don't know if he will be able to play immediately.

We had interaction with all the players you mention? I remember we talked with Newton for sure...

Yes all these players they had predraft talks, not sure on Frazier, but he would be a future Karas replacement

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 01:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think this is the bucket of guys that the bengals will value by position group

Don't forget Cooper Bebee in that IOL group. He fits so well in an a gap/inside zone offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't forget Cooper Bebee in that IOL group. He fits so well in an a gap/inside zone offense.

What's fun about Cooper Beebe is Kansas State used him as a weapon in the run game moving him to Right Tackle for certain plays and situations. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think Ja'Tavion Sanders at TE should be considered on day 2.

I think he'd be better than a receiver because he can line-up anywhere and can play like a receiver.

He's sure-handed, a good route runner, has good size, and can produce after the catch.

If he falls to us in the second, I think it's a no-brainer.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will put Malachi Corley and Xavier Leggette in here for WR.

Legette went in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote