Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guardian Caps approved for Game Use
Guardian Caps which have been used the last couple of seasons during training camp and contact practices The NFL's goal is to cut down on the number of concussions

It will be interesting to see how many players throughout the league.

I wonder if the caps, which are worn over the traditional helmet, will be painted to look like a team's game helmet. The ones used in training camp were a pretty basic solid color

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's super-interesting, I too would like the see how many will do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:33 PM)pally Wrote: Guardian Caps which have been used the last couple of seasons during training camp and contact practices  The NFL's goal is to cut down on the number of concussions

It will be interesting to see how many players throughout the league.

I wonder if the caps, which are worn over the traditional helmet,  will be painted to look like a team's game helmet.  The ones used in training camp were a pretty basic solid color

That was my only thought too.

They are absolutely fantastic for reduction of concussions.
And they can easily be made to whatever solid color someone wants, but what would it look like trying to put a team logo on it too?
I'm expecting they won't do that and just keep it as the solid color of the helmet minus the decal.
So would probably be solid orange if a Bengal wore it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's super-interesting, I too would like the see how many will do it.

I assume it'll be like helmets in hockey.  Most players won't elect to wear them, but they'll be mandatory for new players and eventually there will only be a few holdouts who don't wear them.  I remember Craig MacTavish being the last guy out on the ice I recall seeing sans helmet.  Bonus for him that he wore the helmet when it was optional and most players didn't then didn't wear the helmet when most players did.  Wacky.
Reply/Quote
I guess no one remembers Mark Kelso. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Big concern is how it will be administrated if play has to be stopped because someone lost their cap. I can see defenders in the 2 minute drill knocking the caps off offensive players to prevent the offense from getting lined up quickly.
Reply/Quote
Every time I see those things I can't help but think it's only a matter of time until someone breaks their neck. They won't slide easily like smooth helmets do, going full force and getting it stuck on another player's helmet could cause neck injuries.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: I guess no one remembers Mark Kelso. Ninja

I remember Michael Kelso.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952uewy9j373zcxrwo39f1...w.gif&ct=g]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Are we talking about the Space Balls looking helmets?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember Michael Kelso.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952uewy9j373zcxrwo39f1...w.gif&ct=g]

LoL, well played sir....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 06:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Are we talking about the Space Balls looking helmets?

Interestingly enough, I was thinking the same thing before I saw your comment. Only because I read the concern from Garrus regarding neck injury due to a lack of slippage from the softness of the cap and thought, what if you put the protection inside the shell? That's how you get space balls.

Reply/Quote
Can't wait until the NFL has players playing in those inflatable sumo suits.   Tongue

[Image: ydftPWT.jpeg]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 04:21 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Can't wait until the NFL has players playing in those inflatable sumo suits.   Tongue

[Image: ydftPWT.jpeg]

They could make it like flag football, only when you pull down your opponents Muwashi, he is down.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 05:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They could make it like flag football, only when you pull down your opponents Muwashi, he is down.

It would be kind of funny to see a Pro Bowl game with them playing in those suits.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 03:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: I guess no one remembers Mark Kelso. Ninja

Don Beebe is who I thought.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe they should bubble wrap their heads under the helmets. Would look about the same.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote