Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome McKinley Jackson
Very Presidentially named pick!

The 6-1, 326-pound Jackson is a two-time captain and four-year starter.
Reply/Quote
Love that he’s a team captain and think he’s going to be a great pro.

Love the first 4 picks.
Needed to load up on oline and dline.
Added a legit RT in FA and a legit OT prospect in the draft.
Added a solid vet DT in FA after losing Reader.
Drafted two great DT prospects in the draft.

Burton is talented and looks like a baller to me—sure handed too.

Remaining needs would be:
interior oline depth for the future
Corner depth
Maybe edge
Otherwise BPA
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:34 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Love that he’s a team captain and think he’s going to be a great pro.

Love the first 4 picks.
Needed to load up on oline and dline.
Added a legit RT in FA and a legit OT prospect in the draft.
Added a solid vet DT in FA after losing Reader.
Drafted two great DT prospects in the draft.

Burton is talented and looks like a baller to me—sure handed too.

Remaining needs would be:
interior oline depth for the future
Corner depth
Maybe edge
Otherwise BPA

Tight end
Reply/Quote
The DJ Reader replacement. McKinnley Jackson is perfect, great with his low body strength and will free up Defenders and if they
do not double team McKinnley he will make them pay. With Kris Jenkins and McKinnley Jackson we are now a AFC North team that
could be the best against the run as long as communication is great by the LB's and on the backend.
Reply/Quote
Seeing people say this was our 1st reach of the draft. I just hope he turns out to be more Peko than Shelvin.

Reply/Quote
I think this is a reach but nothing to dwell on given we got Jenkins who can help stop the run.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think this is a reach but nothing to dwell on given we got Jenkins who can help stop the run.

McKinnley Jackson is better than T'Vondre Sweat, just watch.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:40 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Tight end

I don’t see that as a need. We have two solid options at off line/receiving tight end.
If anything we need a backup at inline/blocking tight end.

Keeping 4 tight ends is a lot of tight ends…

On a side note I do not see Jackson as a reach. I don’t like the odds he’s there in the 4th for our pick. Love the pick. Hoping there’s great value at IOL in the 4th, or corner/edge.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think this is a reach but nothing to dwell on given we got Jenkins who can help stop the run.

It might've been a bit of a reach, but there was a DT run. We needed a big body to eat blocks and clog gaps. This addressed that before it was too late. I like it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Very Presidentially named pick!

The 6-1, 326-pound Jackson is a two-time captain and four-year starter.

Great.  OT, WR and 2 DT's   Bengals needed help all 3 positions.   Look for a RB in Day 3, Bengals have said they want to draft a RB for depth with Mixon gone.  

GO BENGALS, Back to SUPER BOWL.  Good Free Agency and good Draft. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:58 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: McKinnley Jackson is better than T'Vondre Sweat, just watch.

Sweat is day one ready, I wouldnt get too hyped over Jackson early on. 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: It might've been a bit of a reach, but there was a DT run. We needed a big body to eat blocks and clog gaps. This addressed that before it was too late. I like it.

Jackson was a reach but not a full round reach. They wanted him and didn't think he would be there or it would be too close to risk.  Nothing wrong with that. 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:07 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don’t see that as a need. We have two solid options at off line/receiving tight end.
If anything we need a backup at inline/blocking tight end.

Keeping 4 tight ends is a lot of tight ends…

On a side note I do not see Jackson as a reach. I don’t like the odds he’s there in the 4th for our pick. Love the pick. Hoping there’s great value at IOL in the 4th, or corner/edge.

TE is definitely a long term need. Gotta draft and develop one at some point. These 1 year prove it/reclamation project deals are less than ideal.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Jackson was a reach but not a full round reach. They wanted him and didn't think he would be there or it would be too close to risk.  Nothing wrong with that. 

Yep, the actual draft is different than mock drafts. Well played on the pick. Good decision. I think he’ll be a great player and great to get a solid rotation—it was a big part of our Super Bowl runs.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TE is definitely a long term need. Gotta draft and develop one at some point. These 1 year prove it/reclamation project deals are less than ideal.

I don’t think so. Tight end is not a high value position in our offense. I like the 1 year deals. The only one that didn’t work was last year and most people thought it was a bad signing when it happened.

I wouldn’t mind resigning Gisecki if he works out. He could be our best one yet. But even letting him walk and signing Hayden again would be solid. He was good for us.

Tight ends take awhile to develop. I don’t like using a lot of draft capital on them. They tend to get injured easy too.

Would rather spend more picks on oline/dline, wr/corner
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TE is definitely a long term need. Gotta draft and develop one at some point. These 1 year prove it/reclamation project deals are less than ideal.

Sanders, Stover, All, and Bell all still available. 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:33 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don’t think so. Tight end is not a high value position in our offense. I like the 1 year deals. The only one that didn’t work was last year and most people thought it was a bad signing when it happened.

I wouldn’t mind resigning Gisecki if he works out. He could be our best one yet. But even letting him walk and signing Hayden again would be solid. He was good for us.

Tight ends take awhile to develop. I don’t like using a lot of draft capital on them. They tend to get injured easy too.

Would rather spend more picks on oline/dline, wr/corner

Gesicki is going into his age 29 season, and is basically a slot receiver. Hurst was cut by a terrible Carolina team last season.

They need a real TE.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Geseki is going into his age 29 season, and is basically a slot receiver. Hurst was cut by a terrible Carolina team last season.

They need a real TE.

Hurst had a good year for cincy.

I think gesicki will too, maybe even better.

Receivers will take most targets. All we need from tight end is a blocker in sample and someone like gesicki that can get open and catch.

A ‘real’ tight end is more of a luxury than a need. There are only so many kelce type tight ends. We’ve got Chase though. We don’t need a kelce.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:42 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Hurst had a good year for cincy.

I think gesicki will too, maybe even better.

Receivers will take most targets. All we need from tight end is a blocker in sample and someone like gesicki that can get open and catch.

A ‘real’ tight end is more of a luxury than a need. There are only so many kelce type tight ends. We’ve got Chase though. We don’t need a kelce.

We’re talking about a day 3 pick. It’s not a “luxury” situation. They’ve addressed their biggest needs outside of TE.

And the WR’s are about to look very different after Tee is gone next season.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:45 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The DJ Reader replacement.

You called it.

Two for four. Nice man.
Reply/Quote