Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Excessive Celebration: What's YOUR Take?!
Football is a game taught to people and played by people from 7 or 8 years old and through to 30 or 40 years old.

The ones who are exceptionally good at it (Read: those who make it to the NFL) are treated like kings at their high schools, their colleges and in the town that they are drafted to play in the NFL for.

There have been multiple stories ranging over decades of players in college being given passing grades in classes that they've never attended, just so they can play on Saturday.

There have been just as many stories of football players doing terrible things once they make it to the NFL, including driving while drunk, killing people in various ways (or supposedly killing them) and beating their wives and girlfriends, then still being handed a multi million dollar contract within the same calendar year.

They have been taught from a young age that the best players are those that play with the most emotion. The guys who play "angry" or "mean."

They have been taught, through all of the above and more, that they live in a mostly consequence free environment where they are treated like royalty and given millions of dollars to play a sport most people just play in their spare time for free.

They are essentially children in adults' bodies.

And we are wondering why they celebrate like children?

I personally have no issue with excessive celebration because they are treating the game like what it is. A game.

Excessive celebration should not be a thing. Let them dance if they want to. I would dance too if I was being paid millions to do that 'job.'
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excessive Celebration: What's YOUR Take?! - CJD - 12-14-2015, 06:08 PM