Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler
(12-19-2015, 07:30 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He played in almost every game in his first four years, starter or not. Nonetheless, the only way 2 compares to 7 is if Mitchell was just drafted this past draft.

I could tell you exactly how many fines Harrison has over his entire career, but I'll just give you a hint: it's less than Burfict's 7. And watching people try to compare ankle twisting and diving into people AFTER to making football hits during a full speed play is always going to have me shaking my head in pity. Legal or illegal full speed yackle on the guy with the ball just doesn't compare to twisting ankles and diving at knees.

Mitchell had all of 119 tackles in his first 4 years combined, while Burfict had an NFL-leading 173 tackles in 2013 alone. Burfict has been around the ball WAY more than Mitchell has in his career. The fact that Mitchell is anywhere near Burfict in fines should tell you something, as he hasn't had nearly as many opportunities to make dirty hits.

As for Harrison, call it what you want. The NFL started cracking down on head shots mainly thanks to Harrison. Hines had a rule named after him. The only people who won't acknowledge that the Steelers play dirty at times are Steeler fans. Read some comment sections in any article about Sunday's game. The consensus among non-Bengal/Steeler fans is that both teams embarrassed themselves and most seem to think that Burfict and the Steelers in general are dirty.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler - Shake n Blake - 12-19-2015, 07:56 PM