Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler
(12-22-2015, 02:58 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I guess you don't follow the Bengals game day threads here, and that's not a bad idea.

I haven't sniffed a game day thread since the mothership. I'd rather watch the game than read "NOOOO!" after every bad play and "AWESOOOMME!" after every good play. I like reading well thought out posts, not emotional and occasionally alcohol-fueled ranting. I don't judge people for what they say in there though. Now if they calm down and/or sober up and they're bringing that junk into JN, that's different.

(12-22-2015, 04:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wallace's hit against Denver was dirty.  Wallace's amateur proctology was dirty.  There are plenty of dirty plays by every team every year.  Football is a violent game played by huge men.  Emotions being what they are someone is bound to get pissed off and do something outside the rules.  I don't really have a problem with dirty, I have a major problem with intentionally attempting to injure.  Burfict currently stands alone in this regard, the guy literally attempts to injure people.  There are historic examples, Romanowski, probably the best analogy is Andre Waters, but Burfict is keeping company with Suh at this point.  Suh's reputation is actually better btw, his seem to be the result of losing his temper, Burfict's seem calculated and deliberate. 

In regards to your other point, no, I would absolutely not be cool with a player who intentionally, and routinely, attempts to injure his opponents being on the Steelers.  Not at all.  Before anyone mentions Spaeth I'll do it for you.  Spaeth is not going to be the last player to try and take Burfict out.  It'll keep happening until the guy learns, which seems unlikely as he's been doing this since college, or until he's out of the league.

Meh. Sometimes these plays you call simply "dirty" can also injure guys. You're giving them benefit of the doubt and assuming they don't have intent to injure. IMO, if a player takes a cheap shot, what else is he trying to do? Odell Beckham had a few cheap shots last week. Sure seemed to me like he was trying to hurt someone, even if it wasn't as egregious as an ankle twist.

As for the Suh comparison, I don't think it's even close. Off hand, I can only recall 3 major incidents with Burfict. The ankle twist on Cam was by far the worst. Then the dive at Ben's knee which was no worse than Von Oelhoffen's (something Steelers fans have defended for years). Then there was the time he slapped somebody in the nuts. Classless? Yeah? Intent to injure? No. 

I think Burfict is closer to what you define as dirty than someone like Suh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler - Shake n Blake - 12-22-2015, 09:51 PM