Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler
(12-22-2015, 09:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Sometimes these plays you call simply "dirty" can also injure guys. You're giving them benefit of the doubt and assuming they don't have intent to injure.

Of course, any play can injure someone.  The point is, are you attempting to injure someone or are you playing football?  Everyone gets the benefit of the doubt until they prove they don't deserve it.  Burfict has proven he doesn't deserve it.

Quote:IMO, if a player takes a cheap shot, what else is he trying to do? Odell Beckham had a few cheap shots last week. Sure seemed to me like he was trying to hurt someone, even if it wasn't as egregious as an ankle twist.

Trying to knock the crap out of someone is not the same as trying to twist and damage their joints.  Quite simply, if you don't see the difference I don't know what to say to you.

Quote:As for the Suh comparison, I don't think it's even close. Off hand, I can only recall 3 major incidents with Burfict.

Burfict IMO is far worse than Suh.  Suh gets angry and does dumb shit.  I don't think he sets out to injure anyone.  Burfict makes a conscious decision to try and damage a person.  Again, he's done this since college, he's got a proven track record.  The guy deliberately tries to injure his opponents and the Steels are not the only team to think so.

Quote:The ankle twist on Cam was by far the worst.

And Olson, lest we forget.

Quote:Then the dive at Ben's knee which was no worse than Von Oelhoffen's (something Steelers fans have defended for years). Then there was the time he slapped somebody in the nuts. Classless? Yeah? Intent to injure? No. 

I'm not going to debate the "push/blocked into" since you Bengals fans are wholly incapable of being rational where the Kimo play is involved.  I'll simply point out that Kimo's hit was not against the rules, Burfict's were.

Quote:I think Burfict is closer to what you define as dirty than someone like Suh.

I completely disagree.  I don't see Suh as a guy who sets out to injure his opponents.  I do think he's a guy who lets his emotions get the best of him and consequently does things he shouldn't.  I, quite sincerely, think Burfict consciously decides to try and injure his opponents.  As stated above he's got a long track record.  The guy is a piece of shit and IMO doesn't belong in the league.  I don't think he'll be in it, one way or another, for much longer.  Which is a shame because the guy is a huge talent.  Too bad it's coupled with a shit personality.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers hate Burfict because he's too much like...a Steeler - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-22-2015, 11:38 PM