Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Rose To Go Into Reds Hall Of Fame Very Soon
I agree Kevin, probably one of the few bright spots this year, and Rose definitely SHOULD be in the Red's Hall of Fame if he's not in the MLB one, although for my money he should be there as well. One of my childhood memories of baseball is Pete reaching out to hit a pitch on an intentional walk, and always,always running full speed to first whether it be a walk or a ground out to the pitcher.Then there was the 200 hits every year, who does that in today's game? Playing 110% at all times, he was on the field what every baseball player should strive to be. His gambling "problem" is really no different than the alcohol problems of many who are IN the MLB hall right now, yet instead of trying to help the guy, I never seen anything but them trying to crucify him and make an example of him, no wonder he's not sorry for what he done and still does it by all accounts. Another thing I always admired about Rose, was you could look at him and think that if you worked hard enough, you could play MLB yourself. He certainly wasn't a chiseled, athletic guy like most All-Star players, but more a product of hard work, hours of study and practice. I talked to a former Red's player who said Pete was indeed the first man to arrive and the last to leave every single day; you gotta respect that. Clear cut should be in Red's Hall, and MLB as well for my money.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pete Rose To Go Into Reds Hall Of Fame Very Soon - Bengalsrob - 12-24-2015, 12:37 PM