Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 16 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Broncos***
(12-29-2015, 02:10 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: I think you're the one drinking friend.  This team was taking it to Denver...screwed up a field goal, and then came out in the second half and its offensive coordination completely changed what was working in the first half and continued with the same bs run plays, flat screens just about the entire second half.  This team should have won this game but the coaching staff 1000% failed them, and that is clear whether drinking or not.

I've said this twice already in different ways, but since the board is imploding right now, it probably got swallowed up. So I will say it again....

- - - - -

The Broncos started the game playing a lot of man defense (AJ torched them).. so when halftime rolled around, they switched to zone. Made McCarron read the defenses more, which slowed down his ability to get rid of the ball, which led to more pressure, which led to a much worse looking offense.

McCarron just can't read/diagnose defenses well enough to run an offense against a good zone defense. It's something that you either A. Have, or B. Learn from experience. Neither of which applies to him.

It's also why they had to use like 6 timeouts because they couldn't get the plays set up in time and when they didn't take timeouts, it was down to 0-2 on the playclock.

The Broncos just simply put McCarron into a situation where he could no longer succeed. They found out what they could do on defense that he couldn't answer, and kept doing it. Think of it like the 2012 game against RG3. They found out that if you hit RG3 every single play, he would lose his nerve. So what'd they do? Hit him every single play, and he ended up with 5 sacks and 3 fumbles. The Broncos just did that with McCarron. They played a defense where he would have to beat them with his reading/anticipation/pickups, and he couldn't do it. Just how it is, not Hue's fault.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Wk 16 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Broncos*** - TheLeonardLeap - 12-29-2015, 02:19 AM