Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs point to Harbaugh using drugs
(06-01-2015, 02:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He is arguably the best playoff QB in the league and the only Super Bowl MVP QB in the division.

Also he's his coach. It is his job to pump him up. You nerds started a similar smack thread last season when Harbaugh praised Flacco in the off season.

I probably think highly of Flacco more so than most Jungle Noisers, but the headline I saw on the web that took me to the article was part of this quote, and it's what really got me...

and I wouldn't want any other quarterback in the National Football League - period. End of story.

If Marvin says that about Andy, I'm going to lol in his general direction as well. Flacco is better than your every day average QB in the league, but he's certainly not in the top tier, and you'd have to be an uber-homer to argue that he belongs with Rodgers, Manning, Brady, and Brees. Just 2 years ago he ranked right between Chad Henne and Brandon Weeden in passer rating, somewhere around 25 - 30th in the league depending on where you put the passing attempt qualifier. I don't think 1 season defines a person's career (the same reason he isn't considered a GOAT just because of his SB run), but he has a handful of sub-par regular seasons on his resume. Without having a good team around him, we may never have found out if Flacco is a great postseason QB or not, ya know? I'm not going to take away from his ability just because his teammates are good at football, but there's a fact that his statistics show that he's been bailed out (in the regular season and first few years in the postseason at least) more often than he's bailed his team out. For that reason, he's clearly not in the tier of QBs that you'd say "...I wouldn't want any other quarterback in the National Football League, period."

I would never expect Harbaugh to shit all over his QB or anything, I wouldn't expect that from any coach. There's things you can say that don't make you sound like a moron though, and talking about Joe Flacco as if he is Aaron Rodgers would be one of those things to avoid.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signs point to Harbaugh using drugs - djs7685 - 06-01-2015, 03:17 PM