http://mmqb.si.com/2015/06/01/nfl-power-rankings-peter-king-daughter-wedding/

Not that it means anything, but this is how Peter King is ranking it
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not that it means anything,

You are correct, sir!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 06:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You are correct, sir!

I know..............

Why would he have a Cinci ranked so high?
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ranked #1 by an SI writer?  Smells like the kiss of death, to me..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
King said this about the ravens:

" I trust the running game to take pressure off Joe Flacco until he develops chemistry with new receivers"

I simply ask.....what running game?
Reply/Quote
You know what would be funny? Peter King jumping out of plane at 40,000 feet without a parachute.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 12:23 AM)Beaker Wrote: King said this about the ravens:

" I trust the running game to take pressure off Joe Flacco until he develops chemistry with new receivers"

The one featuring the back with the 5th most yards last season. The same one that was 8th overall in total yards and 6th in yards per carry. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 12:23 AM)Beaker Wrote: King said this about the ravens:

[Image: ray-rice-hulks.jpg]

"Second chances" and all that...

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The one featuring the back with the 5th most yards last season. The same one that was 8th overall in total yards and 6th in yards per carry. 

I don't think Forsett is bad by any means, but I'd say it features that sick interior OL's run blocking more than the RB himself.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:38 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't think Forsett is bad by any means, but I'd say it features that sick interior OL's run blocking more than the RB himself.

While the line always plays a huge role in the run game....2nd string RB Pierce avg 3.9 ypc where as Forsett avg 5.4 behind that same "sick" interior OL.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 12:02 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: While the line always plays a huge role in the run game....2nd string RB Pierce avg 3.9 ypc where as Forsett avg 5.4 behind that same "sick" interior OL.

That's kind of a small sample size to compare to as he ran the ball less than 100 times last year. I'm sure there's also a big difference in how the lead back is utilized compared to how Pierce was used. Just sayin', there's more to it than comparing A to B when they're both on the same team and it wasn't a case of a committee splitting carries. It was clearly one guy backing up the other and spelling him occasionally, which can skew the statistics one way or the other.

How I looked into it was just focusing on Forsett himself and his in depth statistics. For example, he was tied for 3rd in the league in YPC, but tied for 24th in YPC after contact.

He also had a VERY highly rated pair of run blocking guards along with Zuttah doing some work in the run game as well.

I actually find it funny that I try to compliment your team and you seem to be upset that I referred to the Baltimore interior line as "sick". That's a good thing if you weren't sure. Forsett is a fine RB, but a lot of RBs could have done work behind that very talented offensive line. I don't think Forsett is terrible, but I don't think he's amazing on his own. I doubt he'd be gashing defenses behind the Giants interior line.
Reply/Quote
I would have never guessed someone would put Baltimore first, but I guess somebody has to be.

Personally I'd have to go with Seattle until they show me otherwise. Adding Jimmy Graham? That's pretty strong.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 12:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: That's kind of a small sample size to compare to as he ran the ball less than 100 times last year. I'm sure there's also a big difference in how the lead back is utilized compared to how Pierce was used. Just sayin', there's more to it than comparing A to B when they're both on the same team and it wasn't a case of a committee splitting carries. It was clearly one guy backing up the other and spelling him occasionally, which can skew the statistics one way or the other.

How I looked into it was just focusing on Forsett himself and his in depth statistics. For example, he was tied for 3rd in the league in YPC, but tied for 24th in YPC after contact.

He also had a VERY highly rated pair of run blocking guards along with Zuttah doing some work in the run game as well.

I actually find it funny that I try to compliment your team and you seem to be upset that I referred to the Baltimore interior line as "sick". That's a good thing if you weren't sure. Forsett is a fine RB, but a lot of RBs could have done work behind that very talented offensive line. I don't think Forsett is terrible, but I don't think he's amazing on his own. I doubt he'd be gashing defenses behind the Giants interior line.

FYSA Pierce started the season as the starting RB.  Ravens did utilize a RB committe. The number of carries he and Taliaferro recieved fall right in line with the amounts most teams utilize their RBs. Carrying less than 100 times would've improved/helped his stats rather than lower them. 

I don't understand why you assumed I was upset or mad about your comments. I was responding to engage in a converstaion and gave you my opinion.

You realize that you tried to compliment Forsett then turn around and say he's garbage in the same sentence. 
I doubt any RBs would've had success behind the Giants Oline....that proves nothing.

I'm a firm believer that games are won and loss in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Like I said earlier that Olines are a big key to all teams running game. Look at the Cowgirls last year after investing in their Oline for several seasons it paid off big for them last season.  I bet you wouldnt say D Murray is an "okay" back and "anyone" could run behind that line.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:59 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: You realize that you tried to compliment Forsett then turn around and say he's garbage in the same sentence.

I'm a firm believer that games are won and loss in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Like I said earlier that Olines are a big key to all teams running game. Look at the Cowgirls last year after investing in their Oline for several seasons it paid off big for them last season.  I bet you wouldnt say D Murray is an "okay" back and "anyone" could run behind that line.

Mellow  Settle down there, Brad. I said that I don't think Forsett is amazing by himself, that doesn't mean I think he's "garbage". Seriously, are you Brad? This is basically his exact argument against Pat on the topic of Richard Sherman. Just because I said he's not amazing/is a fine RB clearly does NOT mean that I think he's "garbage". I don't even know how you could reach to that conclusion with my post. I merely said that he's a fine RB that had a helluva lot of help from his fantastic interior line. I stand by that.

I think Demarco Murray is very good, but his line surely helped him a lot.

It's the exact reason I believe Marshawn Lynch to be the best in the league right now. He does it by himself. He breaks tackles, he forces missed tackles, and he's just a monster on his own whether he gets great blocks or not. If Forsett doesn't get the big blocks, he doesn't look like such a great back.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:00 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Mellow  Settle down there, Brad. I said that I don't think Forsett is amazing by himself, that doesn't mean I think he's "garbage". Seriously, are you Brad? This is basically his exact argument against Pat on the topic of Richard Sherman. Just because I said he's not amazing/is a fine RB clearly does NOT mean that I think he's "garbage". I don't even know how you could reach to that conclusion with my post. I merely said that he's a fine RB that had a helluva lot of help from his fantastic interior line. I stand by that.

I think Demarco Murray is very good, but his line surely helped him a lot.

It's the exact reason I believe Marshawn Lynch to be the best in the league right now. He does it by himself. He breaks tackles, he forces missed tackles, and he's just a monster on his own whether he gets great blocks or not. If Forsett doesn't get the big blocks, he doesn't look like such a great back.

Oh now you are name calling.... smack Cool

Look here Coltsfan. Lol Seriously, what argument are you talking about? This is basically the exact thing coltsfans does. Tries or wants to argue for no reason or just argue with yourself.

Lynch is a beast and has done it for years. but IMO the best back is Bell right now. He does more than rushing, blocking and receiving.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:00 PM)djs7685 Wrote:   If _____________________ doesn't get the big blocks, he doesn't look like such a great back.

You can plug in almost all RBs in the league to say this :snark:
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 05:54 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: You can plug in almost all RBs in the league to say this :snark:

I can definitely see the Ravens in the top ten, but #1 is way too high.  They lost a lot of key pieces, and while they did a good job of plugging holes in the draft and FA on paper, some of these new parts aren't going fit as well as their counterparts.  At the very least, I can see them struggling with team chemistry early in the year.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I would hate to be ranked #1, by anyone.
Good luck with the King Jinx !
Reply/Quote
I could see us being ranked below Baltimore logically but no way can I comprehend Baltimore being number 1 in the entire league
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 04:52 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I could see us being ranked below Baltimore logically but no way can I comprehend Baltimore being number 1 in the entire league

im sure he feels they were cheated by deflated balls.

The ravens offense will probly be fine... Any word on Pitta?

But its the defense im interested in there seemed to be a lot of turnover on the front 7
Reply/Quote