Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th
(10-20-2015, 01:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The sum of the Ozzie decisions and poor cap management/bad contracts have triggered the Ravens demise. The Flacco contract was a huge Ozzie gamble and he lost. The guaranteed portions for a player who missed 12 games was a mistake.

In the end, the dead money and in the near future the Flacco contract together are the issue and they are both major foe the short term (dead money) and the long term (Flacco being overpaid so Ozzie had no money for others for longer term deals) are why the Ravens are in and will stay in cap hell for a while. You can call me dumb, you can act like I think I am a GM (I am not), but either are you and Blitz even though you want to act like you are.

I get it. To you and Blitz and Ravens fans Ozzie is a "God" or a wizard, but in reality he is just a man, a GM who was great who is now just average.

Yea, you've gotten way off your original argument that Flacco's contract is the reason why Ozzie couldn't sign McPhee, Smith, and Ngata and that this is the reason why they are struggling. 

It makes sense since no one cared to agree with you that the Ravens' problem is that they didn't overpay McPhee and Smith. It is also clear that no one else agrees with you that signing Ray Rice was a bad idea. No one else here is going to pretend like they have the power to see in the future and knew Pitta would have a serious, potentially career ending injury 3 games into a sizable contract. 

You're now arguing dead money, which, as I said, Ravens fans pointed to a while back. I'm glad you agree with us. But you still can't make the argument that Flacco's contract is what prevented them from signing people for the last 3 seasons. It's going to screw them hard these next 3 years if they cannot work it out, but it was designed to help them years 1-3. 

Also, no one called him a "god". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 09-13-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Ravens 1st in newest power ranking; Pitt 8th, Cincy 12th - BmorePat87 - 10-20-2015, 03:17 PM