Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joey Porter
Anyone else think the only reason Joey Porter was on the field was to try to egg guys like Jones and Burfict on and draw a flag? Should've been off setting penalties he wasn't coaching he was jawing with the opponent.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:33 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Anyone else think the only reason Joey Porter was on the field was to try to egg guys like Jones and Burfict on and draw a flag? Should've been off setting penalties he wasn't coaching he was jawing with the opponent.

There will be NFL new rules after this game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
No there won't.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Coach on the field inciting the other team. NFL will act like it never happened.
Reply/Quote
Ya, I saw him on the field when they showed the replay. That should be a penalty. Oh well. Like I said, I don't blame the refs--this was an impossible game to call.
Reply/Quote
I DO blame the refs - a major reason the game got out of control was the refs let the Steeler defenders do anything they wanted - including three blatant personal fouls uncalled. It was basically telling the Bengals "we're going to call you on anything but let the Steelers do anything they want". Had the officiating been even handed the outburst doesn't occur.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:53 AM)Joelist Wrote: I DO blame the refs - a major reason the game got out of control was the refs let the Steeler defenders do anything they wanted - including three blatant personal fouls uncalled. It was basically telling the Bengals "we're going to call you on anything but let the Steelers do anything they want". Had the officiating been even handed the outburst doesn't occur.

I understand your point.
I thought the refs should have called the game before Big Ben went down.
It felt like the game was out of control, and something bad was gunna happen.
Reply/Quote
Who cares what Joey Porter was doing? Burfict and Jones have to be able to control themselves. I guarantee that plenty of their teammates were being baited. I guarantee plenty of their teammates were pissed off. These 2 dumbasses simply can't keep their shit together. They need to put their big girl panties on and play ball. Is it really that hard to remove yourself from the situation? There's a reason people bait those 2, they'll always bite.
Reply/Quote
Just a second Steelers coach physically pushing and talking shit to Bengals players. Nothing to see here due to the gold and black. God forbid if it were the Patriots, but the Steelers? We let them do as they please. The Refs know what's up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If we had 15 yards penalty and 1st down on the Gio being assaulted instead of Steelers Ball, the game would have been different.

Truth is all our faults went for penalties but it was Ok for De Castro to assault Burflict, ok for Shazier to assault Bernard, ok for the helmet to helmet on MJ and ok for Porter to be on the field.

We got screwed big time and it's like that every Steelers game.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Adam Jones said : "The (expletive) ref did a horrible (expletive) job," Jones said. "You got (Steelers linebacker coach) Joey Porter in the middle of the (expletive) field talking (expletive) to everybody and then when somebody says something to him ... he isn't even supposed to be on the (expletive) field."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:56 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Who cares what Joey Porter was doing? Burfict and Jones have to be able to control themselves. I guarantee that plenty of their teammates were being baited. I guarantee plenty of their teammates were pissed off. These 2 dumbasses simply can't keep their shit together. They need to put their big girl panties on and play ball. Is it really that hard to remove yourself from the situation? There's a reason people bait those 2, they'll always bite.

Um...coach stepping into the field of play  = automatic penalty. At least unless you're the Stealers.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:00 AM)Joelist Wrote: Um...coach stepping into the field of play  = automatic penalty. At least unless you're the Stealers.

This is the first time I have ever considered a game might have been fixed in favor of the Steelers -- but nobody bothered to tell the Bengals that.  Cincinnati played very hard, especially on defense, and there is a silver lining to all this:  No opposing offense will set foot on the field against the Bengals without some fear.  That is a very good thing.
Reply/Quote
It's true that the Steelers can get away with being bullies while we can't. It's true that the Steelers get away with so much that it's insane. Unfortunately, no one can control that. The players can control themselves though, or should have that ability as grown men. The overwhelming majority seem to have no problem keeping themselves in check. Two specific players constantly fall for the traps, constantly draw the penalties, and are constantly in the middle of it all.

Burfict and Jones need to be able to play under control. It's that simple. That has to be controlled because it can be controlled. Calls aren't always going to go your way, but your players shouldn't act like pissed off teenagers and cost you games. You cannot have that.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:00 AM)Joelist Wrote: Um...coach stepping into the field of play  = automatic penalty. At least unless you're the Stealers.

It doesn't matter. It wasn't called. Listen, I agree it should have been called, but it wasn't. The Bengals players should have been able to keep themselves in check instead of losing their cool.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:59 AM)bengals73 Wrote: Adam Jones said : "The (expletive) ref did a horrible (expletive) job," Jones said. "You got (Steelers linebacker coach) Joey Porter in the middle of the (expletive) field talking (expletive) to everybody and then when somebody says something to him ... he isn't even supposed to be on the (expletive) field."

And this is why he needs to be cut.  He is worried about acting like a badass while not giving a damn about the team.
Reply/Quote
His player was injured he was allowed to be there.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:06 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: And this is why he needs to be cut.  He is worried about acting like a badass while not giving a damn about the team.

He's a free agent now, so cutting him would be slightly pointless.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:06 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: His player was injured he was allowed to be there.

His player? Antonio Brown is a WR. Joey Porter is a LB Coach.

Joey Porter was more concerned with cussing out the Bengals players and backing into them while looking smug to be worried about Brown.

LB Coach doesn't belong in the middle of the field while the team's offense is on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Exactly:
Reply/Quote