Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All signs point to Ozzie being a genius
(06-03-2015, 06:07 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Luvnut........is that you?

I think a Luvnit reference is hilarious and all, but some of you guys pretend that the salary cap doesn't exist or just doesn't matter.

The fact that Flacco is going to be making $28.5+ and $31+ in 2016 and 2017 would definitely be an issue to me if I were a Ravens' fan. You're not even slightly concerned with those numbers?

Looking at where the team is at cap-wise, they don't look to be in terrible position as a lot of the better players and some role players seem to be locked up through at least 2017, but you can't pretend that having to pay a QB $28+ million for a couple of years straight isn't going to affect near future transactions. The rapist's new extension averages a little more, but at least he doesn't have any years where he's eating up a giant chunk of the cap out of nowhere, not to mention he's a better QB.

I've always thought Joe's deal was "meh", as I didn't get as riled up as a lot of fellow Bengals fans by saying that it's so ridiculous and that he's extremely overpaid. I've just always thought it was structured oddly. Some people say that it's not a big deal because it will be restructured, but that just pushes money into the future further screwing with their cap. Assuming they want him around for the long haul, which they seemingly do, they're probably better off just leaving everything as-is and accepting that they're going to be paying a mediocre regular season QB the biggest cap hit at his position for a couple of years. That's also assuming Luck's numbers don't hit $28-$31.

Oh, and paying $20 million per for Cam Newton is almost as dumb as giving Andy Dalton $20 million per year. At least the Bengals were smart and only gave Average Andy $17 million in guaranteed money. Those idiots in Carolina gave Newton $60 million guaranteed. That's a LOT of guaranteed coin, especially for a non-elite QB. It will be interesting to see the full contract once details are released.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All signs point to Ozzie being a genius - djs7685 - 06-03-2015, 08:53 AM