Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All signs point to Ozzie being a genius
(06-03-2015, 09:25 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Restructuring is common practice of bad contracts that didn't seem bad when originally signed.

I'm just wondering, do you know how contract restructures work? You seem like a knowledgeable guy, so it's odd that you have no issue with a restructure or $28 - $31 cap numbers for a non-elite QB. The money doesn't disappear, so it's either deal with the big numbers in 2016 and 2017 or shove it into signing bonuses in future years or voidable years.

IMO, unless they can get Joe to take a flat out paycut, not a restructure, they're likely better off leaving the money where it's at. I don't know why anyone would think differently. If the cap does rise again over the next 2 years, then it would make even more sense to leave it where it's at now.

Even though I do think leaving it as-is would be the best decision, it would worry me as a Ravens' fan to see the QB accounting for those gigantic cap hits when he isn't among the league's best of the best.

If they push it back a few years in hopes of the cap raising (which it needs to given this trend for any franchise QB), they can bank of him taking a pay cut when it is going to hit. He is heading into his 8th year. A restructure could have this cap hit in his 12th-13th year when he is more likely to take a pay cut given his age
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All signs point to Ozzie being a genius - BmorePat87 - 06-03-2015, 10:19 AM