Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict hit on Ben not so clean after all
(01-12-2016, 03:03 AM)treee Wrote: I know why he's like that. He has the mentality every Defensive Coordinator wished they had (and the baggage that comes with it). He's from an older school of defensive play where you ******' hate the offense and will do everything in your power to hurt every last one of those mother *****. And that mentality made defenses great for decades. But he's in a stricter NFL now. 

You're partially correct, but Burfict has exactly what you described and a little something extra.  That something extra is a desire to actually injure his opponents any way possible.  I used this comparison after our last game; Greg Lloyd played with the intensity and passion you describe above.  He was feared and respected and he was not thought of as a player who deliberately attempted to injure his opponents.  Contrast that with Andre Waters from the exact same era who was thought of exactly as Burfict is now and for the same reasons.  While I agree the era contributes to Burfict's reputation it's not wholly, or even largely, responsible.  Burfict has the rep he deserves and he's going to have to work really hard to overcome it.  Sadly, for your team, that doesn't seem to be a likely outcome.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict hit on Ben not so clean after all - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-12-2016, 11:49 AM