Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season
(01-11-2016, 10:56 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I understand that, and I love the fire he plays with. But that doesn't mean he isn't dirty and he has done this plenty. 

If Burfict played for another team, most of the posters on this board would call him one of the dirtiest players in the game.  Trying to compare him to Jack Lambert, or even James Harrison from 10 years ago, is pointless because the rules and the game have changed. People can gripe about the game "getting soft", but it is the game he plays.  Either you play within the rules or you suffer the consequences.

He received the suspension for repeated violations.  He was warned after the Baltimore game that he was being "put on notice".  They literally told him "we are watching you, don't screw up" and he did what he did.  According to ESPN this morning he led the league in personal foul penalties this year and also in 2013.  Think about that... he played 10 games this year and led the league in personal fouls. Listen, I love the passion he plays with and think he is an extremely gifted linebacker.  That said, he needs to learn to play within the rules or his actions will continue to hurt this team.  He lost the benefit of the doubt long ago, he should be smart enough to realize that he has an enormous target on his back.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - OrlandoBengal - 01-12-2016, 01:30 PM