Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season
(01-12-2016, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he meant it was clear Brown was not going to make the catch by the time Burfict was anywhere near him.

And that is exactly what this picture you posted proves.  The ball is through Brown's hands and Burfict is not even in the picture.

Oh Fred,  that's not the case in the least.  Look closely and you will see Burfict is cropped out of the picture, the entire left side of the pic is cropped.  However another angle shows exactly how close Burfict is to Brown.

[Image: another%20angle_zpsgs0xewyh.png]

Note the ball in the above pic has not yet reached Brown.  Also note Brown is moving towards Burfict as Burfict is also moving towards Brown.  Also Note Burfict position in relation to the hash marks.

[Image: another%20angle%20moment%20of%20impact_zpsvh5bfs8m.png]

This final pick is a split second prior to impact.  Note the location of the ball, approximately 4-5 yards beyond Brown.  Browns left foot has not even landed on the ground yet.  You can clearly see his left cleat still in the air, and note Burfict position again in relationship to the hash marks.  Burfict has moved approximately 1, perhaps 2 yards at the most.  Thats 1 possibly 2 steps.  Keep in mind Brown is also moving towards Burfict.  Tell me exactly how Burfict at that point was supposed to avoid contact with Brown?  How fast does a football travel 4-5 yards?

In todays game, I totally get that the play will draw a flag more often than not.  But this hit is not the butcher job they are trying to make it out to be.  The evidence clearly shows there was absolutely no way Burfict could do his job of defending that play, and NOT make contact with Brown.  The ONLY way Burfict does not make contact with Brown is for him to pull up PRIOR to the ball getting to Brown.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict suspended first 3 games of 2016 season - Shepdawg - 01-12-2016, 03:05 PM