Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-05-2015, 11:00 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: So we played a weaker schedule.  We also started a rookie QB and WR.  Most people expected us to be one of those "weaker" teams.  

I don't think the term "weaker" just justice to the difference in schedule.  And again, so what if people thought we'd be awful.  Palmer went to a 5-11 Cardinals team that was ranked in the bottom of the league in power rankings going into the 2013 season and by 2014 they were listed as high as #2...so what?  Did he turn that franchise around?  Sort of, but they still didn't compete in the post-season so meh.

AJ and Dalton being rookies in 2011 is only semi-defensible  because AJ is awesome and always was and Dalton was bought on specifically because he was ready to start.  We didn't have Kapernick or Wilson or someone like that sitting being Gradkowski, we wanted to start now.  I really doubt anyone would have been too harsh on the Bengals for taking a season after the 2010 mess to develop a QB but we went with the guy who was ready to play.  What did we get out of it?  Some say a reivalized franchise, but some may say we got a 9-7 season when we might have been better off thinking long-term.

Again, I just don't think there was nearly as much difference between the talent levels of the 2010 and 2011 teams as the 5-win swing indicates.  I'm not even sure if we disagree on this, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - Nately120 - 06-05-2015, 11:42 AM