Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-05-2015, 05:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't think anyone can honestly say Andy Dalton physically is not a good QB. Go watch the Saints game where he just shredded them, and made every throw with ease. The issue with Dalton is being consistent. Take a guy like Manning, or Brady or Rogers. They have bad games too, just like every QB in the league, but their bad games aren't a 2 QBR vs Cleveland.

I honestly believe the difference between Andy Dalton as he is now, and him being in the talks of a top 10 QB is mental. 

This times 1000.

I could understand the hopelessness some seem to have about Dalton if he had produced average numbers by being consistently average.  That would pretty much show us what his ceiling was.  But instead Dalton has had a lot of great games.  When you look at the number of games with a 100+ passer over the last 4 years Dalton is top ten and all the other guys on the list have passer ratings well up in the 90's.  The problem is that Dalton also has more really bad games than any of those other top QBs.

So while Dalton is just average right now he has shown that he has a higher potential ceiling than the QBs who produce average numbers by just being consistently average.

**EDIT** looked at the numbers and Dalton is actually tied at 11th with Joe Flacco for most games with a 100+ rating over the last four seasons. Cam Newton is 10th. Both Flacco and Newton have passer ratings in the 80's like Dalton, but the other 8 QBs on the list all have career ratings up in the 90's.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - fredtoast - 06-06-2015, 10:17 AM