Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-05-2015, 07:44 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: "I look at Boomer who most fans here love. He wasn't the most talented guy in the league"....for real?

Boomer was a toss up coming out of college as the top QB in the Draft between he and Steve Young. He was unbelievably talented. He was the first QB drafted in his draft class. He had a cannon of an arm, smart, and the leadership qualities of a 5 star general.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff to try and justify Dalton's lack of talent. If Dalton is not drafted to a team who's starting QB vacated the position he would still be holding a clipboard somewhere. He does not possess the tools of a franchise QB. Not the Arm, Not the smarts, not the leadership and without a doubt not the ability to handle pressure (most call that heart).

And Alex Smith was taken before Aaron Rodgers, and Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf was "a close debate" as well at one time. The draft hype means absolutely nothing. 

My statement was he was never the most talented guy in the league. For his Bengals' career, he is one game over .500 62 wins to 61 losses. His career numbers if you add in the Jets and the one year in Arizona, 80-93. Compare him to Steve Young and tell me who ended up as the more natural talent.

Boomer was good, but his best quality wasn't his arm, it was his mind, which you actually agreed with. You called him a natural leader, and that was exactly what I said. He has that "it" factor the smarts and leadership and that is exactly what Andy is missing.

Dalton has the raw physical ability you don't have those great games he has had because you got lucky. He just has to find the way to tap into the other side of things, and be that field general that the great QB's are, like Peyton, like Brady, like Brees and Rodgers. Those guys command respect, and their team gives everything on every play. That is what Andy needs to find, that fire, that confidence, that drive.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - Murdock2420 - 06-07-2015, 01:06 AM