Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-08-2015, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, based on your statements, I assume that you believe that when a WR or TE fail to generate any separation against "top competition" that it falls back on the QB?  The bottom line that I have for Dalton is that when he is kept clean, he picks teams apart.  That is not to imply that he "wilts in the face of a pass rush", but just that when he is given a little bit of time, he picks teams apart.  I think the team's investments in TEs and the offensive line in this year's draft will only help. 

And 11-13, in his first four seasons, in the toughest division in football that had two recent Super Bowl Champs isn't what I would call a failure.  If you remember, all the talking heads gave the disclaimer "Dalton has to beat the best in the division before anyone will take him seriously" after his rookie season.  Sophomore season, they split.  The talking heads returned with "Dalton has to win the division before anyone will take him seriously" Junior season, won the AFC North and broke the franchise record for passing yards and TDs. The talking heads return with "No one will take him seriously until he wins a playoff game"....and they lost in Indy.  I think this year, he not only checks the box of playoff win, but gets them all the way to the AFC Championship Game. 

I think it helps Brady a great deal that he has had the weak Bills, Fins, and Jets to kick around for most of his career.  They all look better for this year, but Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, and Ryan Tannehill? 

People pretend as if the AFC North is a weak division.  Steelers and Ravens have traditionally had some of the best defenses in football.  Couple that with outdoor stadiums and a lot of cold weather games and that record sort of makes sense for a young QB.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - WhoDeyWho - 06-08-2015, 10:40 AM