Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-05-2015, 11:33 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I think the explanation for Dalton's pretty stats is actually pretty straightforward.

One thing you have to credit Dalton for was coming into the league very pro-ready. This would make sense, since Gruden and Lewis knew they didn't have time to draft a project QB who might not be able to start right away (I.E. Mallet or Kaepernick).

But that has it's pros and cons. Rookie Dalton is what Dalton is/was/is going to be, considering he has hardly improved since 2011. Not to say Dalton is bad, but expecting him to have a mid-career renaissance (ala Drew Brees) is nothing more than a pipe dream.

I completely disagree.  Pro ready?  Based on what?  He took every snap out of shotgun in a spread offense.  He had to learn a whole new system without the benefit of OTAs.  He may have been more "Pro Ready" than guys like Kaepernick because he was more of a QB than an option QB, but give him credit for his rookie performance in the face of a TON of adversity, please.

And "hardly improved" since 2011 isn't accurate at all.  He broke franchise records in his third season for passing yards and TDs.  He won a VERY tough AFC North.  What happened in 2014?  A new offense, losing two of his biggest weapons before the season even really got started, and being without his best weapon for some of the season and his numbers regressed. 

I think this next season will show what Dalton and Hue are truly capable of executing with the full complement of receivers and backs.  It should help that the guy snapping the ball has a season under his belt as well and the offensive line looks as deep and talented as it ever has for Dalton.  The emergence of Hill will also put added pressure on opposing defenses. 

Dalton had one year where the needle stopped moving upward.  It was a speed bump, not a ceiling.  He will continue to move upward in 2015. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - SHRacerX - 06-08-2015, 10:46 AM