Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-08-2015, 02:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right. My overall point there is that he's really not as bad as his season rating would suggest.

He obviously needs more consistency, and his bad games to not be so...terrible.

Unfortunately, the national TV thing has been a team-wide problem throughout the Marv era.

I'm not sure I follow this logic.  I mean, that game happened.  It counted.  Not only that, but we've seen similar lows from him numerous times.  So I'm not even sure you could say it was that much an anomaly. 

Being fair, he's as bad or as good in 2014 as his total stats add up to.  I mean, what's to stop us from taking some of his better games off his stat line, because they weren't the norm, to try insinuate that he was really worse?  What would be the difference?

-Andy Dalton posted a QB ranking that ranked 25thth among qualifying QB's. (200 attempts or more)

-Mark Sanchez, Kyle Orton, Teddy Bridgewater, Austin Davis and Shaun Hill all had higher ratings.

-Jay Cutler, who was benched, posted a QB rating that was over 5 pts higher.

-He threw for under 20 TD's. (19)

-Despite ranking 18th in TD's, he ranked 3rd in INT's.  (His TD to INT ratio was awful)

The guy had a really disappointing year, especially coming off that boneheaded extension.  He had yet another dismal performance in the postseason as well.  I'm sorry, but it's hard to get very excited for his prospects moving forward.  Primetime game or no primetime game, the guy played lilke a bum last season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - Wes Mantooth - 06-08-2015, 11:36 AM