Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-10-2015, 08:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree that rankings among peers is a better way to compare QB's, but I don't agree with using yards as the main stat to compare. I'd use passer rating:

Palmer:
2004: 23rd (led NFL in INT%)
2005: 2nd
2006: 6th
2007: 14th (led NFL in INTs)

Average rank: 11.3

Dalton:
2011: 20th
2012: 13th
2013: 15th (5th in NFL in INTs)
2014: 25th (8th in INT%)

Average rank: 18.3

Not that huge of a gap really. Also consider that Palmer led the league in INT's or INT% twice and Dalton hasn't led that category at all. Palmer basically lived off his reputation he built from 05-06, but he never had any great years other than that. His 2007 season was very similar to Dalton's 2013 season, compared to their peers.

It got worse for Palmer after year 4. Hopefully Dalton's career doesn't follow a similar path.

I know, but the OP title is:
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.

So I wanted to stay on topic and show the OP and everyone else that he's not as good as everyone seems to believe. Can he be good? Yes, the ability appears to be there, but we've only seen it once out of 4 years so far. Now, for last year, I'll give him a bit of a pass, hard to put up numbers when your top targets are down. So as long as everyone is healthy this year, then I expect that he better have another top 10 year. If not, then we need to think about a replacement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - Mike M (the other one) - 06-11-2015, 11:26 AM