Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-11-2015, 11:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This entire topic is based upon a tweet that probably was pretty simple and one-dimensional that really isn't deserving of the amount of discussion we are giving it.  Again my first take was “Hmm, not sure how important this stat really is, but Marvin Lewis got both of these guys, so he may be pretty fortunate and bad at capitalizing.”  Then again, I look to blame him so take it for what it’s worth.
ThumbsUp

Honestly, the huge amount of discussion usually comes from one side deciding to be dicks about something that the other said.

For example, in this thread and some others, I've started off by mentioning that passing yards alone doesn't mean a whole lot, Andy is right about average compared to his peers, and that he should probably play better if he wants to be considered "good". Something like that generally starts an argument like..

"Yeah, sure, the guy that broke franchise records and threw for 33 TDs is so bad, yeah, right, tell me about it. Sure, uh huh. The guy that threw all of those yards is bad. Yep. 40 wins. 40 wins. Dan Marino. 40 wins. No weapons. Every team has good WRs except the Bengals. Our WRs all suck. Andy does it all. 40 wins. Peyton Manning. Andy LED the team to 40 wins but in the playoffs and primetime it's a TEAM game dummy!"

There are 2 guys on the boards that get REALLY mad if you don't get on your knees for Andy Dalton. I guarantee that you'll find 90% of Andy arguments/discussions flying off the handle right when one of them starts with the absurd excuses and backwards thought processes. IE: Andy is good because he threw more volume stats this one time than Carson. Gresham sucks because he's worse than his peers. Stuff like that. Or calling real, non-subjective stats "made up". That usually happens a lot too. Andy is good because you're allowed to judge him by just 1 season, we have excuses for the other 3. Everyone else is judged by their entire careers, no excuses.

This new board has seemingly weeded out the extremist Andy hating club. I really don't see many guys running around saying "Andy sucks" and whatnot every time he's brought up. However, the Army is still in full force with excuses lined up and waiting to be spewed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - djs7685 - 06-11-2015, 12:04 PM