Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-16-2015, 02:19 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Regular Season
14,758 passing yards, 99 TD, 66 INT, 61.6 completion percentage, 11 fumbles, 85.2 passer rating
624 rushing yards, 3 YPC, 11 TD, 4 fumbles (1 lost)
1 reception, 18 yards, 1 TD

Playoffs
873 passing yards, 1 TD, 6 INT, 55.7 completion percentage, 57.8 passer rating
92 rushing yards, 5.8 YPC, 0 TDs, 4 fumbles

If those numbers were shown to these big Andy supporters without them realizing they belong to their BFF, what would the comments be? I can't even imagine the insults the guy would get if he wore a black/yellow or purple jersey on Sundays.

I can guarantee there would be no "he's only in his X year!", there would be no "but everyone else on the offense sucks!", there would be no more excuses. That QB would just be considered average or worse by every single one of these guys.

It's come to the point where I can barely give a serious response in an Andy thread now. It has gotten so far out of hand with excuses, I think people forget how much slack they don't give to others around the league, or hell, other players on our own team!

I think some of the excuses are silly and there's definitely some on here who will literally come up with ways to excuse everything bad that Andy has done. That said, some of the excuses are legit. Was the offense inexperienced at first? Yes, but honestly I don't think this needs to be an "excuse" because I was okay with Andy's performance through his first 3 years. Did the running game suck up til last year? Absolutely. Did losing guys like AJ, MLJ, Eifert and Gresh probably hurt Andy's performance last season? Probably.

But blaming Andy's INT's on his receivers is bunk. Saying that Andy will somehow have a breakthrough in year 5 is kinda silly. It's really not likely. There's a few other excuses that have made me smh that I just can't think of at the moment.

As usual, there's 2 sides to this though. Some of the anti-Andy crowd will make up 100 excuses for other QB's when a poor performance is brought up, yet they don't want to hear about any excuses for Andy. Unfortunately, thoughtful discussions about the QB are few and far between because so many take an extreme stance on one side or the other.

It's either "he blows" or "he's thrown for more yards than anyone but Peyton, which means he's awesome". I think it's somewhere in between. He's a competent/average QB who has played a role in the 40 wins over the last 4 years. Probably not as big a role as some think, but probably more than others think.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - Shake n Blake - 06-16-2015, 03:23 PM