Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-16-2015, 03:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think some of the excuses are silly and there's definitely some on here who will literally come up with ways to excuse everything bad that Andy has done. That said, some of the excuses are legit. Was the offense inexperienced at first? Yes, but honestly I don't think this needs to be an "excuse" because I was okay with Andy's performance through his first 3 years. Did the running game suck up til last year? Absolutely. Did losing guys like AJ, MLJ, Eifert and Gresh probably hurt Andy's performance last season? Probably.

But blaming Andy's INT's on his receivers is bunk. Saying that Andy will somehow have a breakthrough in year 5 is kinda silly. It's really not likely. There's a few other excuses that have made me smh that I just can't think of at the moment.

As usual, there's 2 sides to this though. Some of the anti-Andy crowd will make up 100 excuses for other QB's when a poor performance is brought up, yet they don't want to hear about any excuses for Andy. Unfortunately, thoughtful discussions about the QB are few and far between because so many take an extreme stance on one side or the other.

It's either "he blows" or "he's thrown for more yards than anyone but Peyton, which means he's awesome". I think it's somewhere in between. He's a competent/average QB who has played a role in the 40 wins over the last 4 years. Probably not as big a role as some think, but probably more than others think.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

There are definitely guys on the other side of the extreme fence too, I've seen many people say that Andy "sucks" and that we should just give the starting role to a random guy off the streets. I don't see that much of it on these boards though for whatever reason. It seems that a lot of the Anti-Andy guys and the negative trolls didn't follow everybody else to this board and some of them post very rarely compared to their presence on the old board.

I will concede that there were likely more "haters" than random pro-Andy-extremists on the mothership, but this new board has taken quite the turn. Every Andy discussion seems to be dominated by pro-Andy excuses with only a couple of us arguing against them.

I think Andy is a good human being and a decent QB, and I've defended the guy a couple of times on here when I did see someone say that he's not good at all and in the thread about trading him for Kaepernick. To a lot of people, it seems that I'm "anti-Andy" because most discussions are people being crazy, over the top in love with the guy and I try to bring them back down to reality. I'd probably seem like an Andy homer if there were more guys bashing him relentlessly, but I rarely have to defend him here since there isn't much unnecessary bashing anymore.

I don't think I could handle Go-Bengals (not sure if you've seen it over there, but it's bad), there are a ton of guys that spend every moment ripping Andy and that's about all they do, admins and mods included. I was scoping it out when the mothership was closing assuming a lot of guys would be going there, but luckily Holic, WhoDeyWho, and the others made this place such a great experience and it seems like the original board never left. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't though, it's quite interesting to say the least. It's like 50 mulligans all in one place.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - djs7685 - 06-16-2015, 03:53 PM