Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-17-2015, 07:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Killing Manning early in his career for his playoff losses?

He had Seven losses by a combined 26 points and 1 other by 41 points

How's we do in our 4 losses:
Game 1: 31-10  21 points
Game 2: 19-13     6 points
Game 3: 27-10   17 points
Game 4: 26-10   16 points

4 Losses by 60 points.

Seems to me even though PM was loosing, they were still in the game.
Also never seen some of the wildest plays in my life except against the colts.
Ben's Shoestring Tackle that saved the game for Pitt......
Back up came off the bench to replace Rivers and win the game for the Chargers
2 missed FG's by Vanderjagt that would've been game winners that were setup by PM.
Forget Snap count on 3-1 with chance to clinch game.
Allow 70 yard game tying TD bomb in closing seconds.
Had worst starting Field Position for a road team in 30 years.

When you look at PM's overall stats during his Post Season games, it becomes quite clear that PM is not at fault for his team losing, but because of his position, it falls on his shoulders.

So, we are going to give Manning credit in his 8 losses for the games being closer than Dalton's four losses?  OK, I guess it was Dalton's fault that Gio fumbled at the 5 yard line.   I guess it is also his fault that the defense gave up huge runs in that game as well, including a TD to seal it. 

I really doubt Dalton would be cut any slack if the losses were "closer" and I remember clearly Manning got a lot of grief over his early playoff performances.  But, hey, at least he was close...which counts in horseshoes.  (That was a Colt reference, in case you missed it)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons. - SHRacerX - 06-17-2015, 09:53 PM