Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
(01-16-2016, 01:33 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: If they would offer anything more dont you think they would at least try at Dalton?(not just the browns btw)

The Bengals aren't trading their franchise QB who is coming off a season where he was an MVP candidate with the 2nd best passer rating in the NFL. The odds of that happening are similar to me winning the powerball while being struck by lightning.

As for McCarron, I've said I'd only trade him for a 2nd rounder, but the Browns 3rd rounder is obviously very early in the round. Throw in a 5th and I think it's at least fair. Before that freak thumb injury, Dalton was an iron-man. If we're being honest, McCarron isn't likely to take another meaningful snap before his contract is up. So what's worth more? A player on the bench who is destined to leave in 2 years? Or a couple solid draft picks? I would say that I don't I don't want him with the Browns, but honestly...

I don't fear McCarron with the Browns. Our offense was severely limited with McCarron (never had more than 294 yards in 4 starts) and I don't think he's nearly as accurate or physically gifted as some on here think. He really lacks pocket awareness and takes too many sacks. He's a top-tier backup, but a bottom-tier starter. So how much is that worth? If Hue really thinks McCarron can be the franchise QB in Cleveland, he'd offer more than a 3rd. If the Bengals think McCarron can light them up, they won't trade McCarron for any amount of picks to the Browns.

We'll see, but I think some folks on here have overvalued McCarron to an extent. We could find another solid backup and take the draft picks. I won't be mad if we keep McCarron though, because he is a very good backup. I'm just saying that trading him is worth considering. I doubt the Bengals actually do this though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron - Shake n Blake - 01-16-2016, 02:19 PM