Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
(01-16-2016, 07:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The only recent QB trades within a division (that I can recall) are Bledsoe and McNabb. McNabb was traded for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd/4th.

You wouldn't put McCarron on the same level as Bledsoe and McNabb though, would you?

If I really think about it, no I don't think there should be a price hike simply to trade within your division. If you really feel a player is going to come back and hurt you, you probably shouldn't trade him within the division regardless of the return. Like I said though, I really don't fear McCarron. Especially with the Browns. Either way, a more reasonable price hike would be the Browns' 32nd pick. Not the 2nd pick in the entire draft. Sure, it's nice to think about, but it's not happening. 

Still, getting the 32nd overall pick for McCarron would be a major win for the Bengals. 

If I was a GM and was looking at McCarron now or McNabb at that point in McNabb's career I'd go with McCarron hands down. McNabb was amazing in his prime with Philly and one of my favorites but at that point he was pretty much done. As far as Bledsoe goes I can't really speak for him I don't know enough about his career.

It's not about what I think AJ is worth though it's about how much we can squeeze out of Cleveland and Hue. It's only smart to size up your trade partner and adapt to get the most out of the deal. We know that Cleveland is a franchise that is desperate to win, They are known for making poor decisions and Hue has already shown he's willing to overpay for a QB. Add the fact we can get more because they are a division rival (whether you agree with it or not that does work in the Bengals favor.) and I think we can get a good deal for McCarron. If not with Cleveland we trade him outside the division for a cheaper cost.

For the record I don't believe Hue or McCarron can save the Browns. I'm open to the idea I can be wrong though and why trade McCarron to a division opponent unless you get a hell of a deal? If they were to end up making the Browns a competitor we could be paying for it for years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron - CageTheBengal - 01-16-2016, 07:16 PM