Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
(01-16-2016, 07:16 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: 1. If I was a GM and was looking at McCarron now or McNabb at that point in McNabb's career I'd go with McCarron hands down. McNabb was amazing in his prime with Philly and one of my favorites but at that point he was pretty much done. As far as Bledsoe goes I can't really speak for him I don't know enough about his career.

2. It's not about what I think AJ is worth though it's about how much we can squeeze out of Cleveland and Hue. It's only smart to size up your trade partner and adapt to get the most out of the deal. We know that Cleveland is a franchise that is desperate to win, They are known for making poor decisions and Hue has already shown he's willing to overpay for a QB. Add the fact we can get more because they are a division rival (whether you agree with it or not that does work in the Bengals favor.) and I think we can get a good deal for McCarron. If not with Cleveland we trade him outside the division for a cheaper cost.

3. For the record I don't believe Hue or McCarron can save the Browns. I'm open to the idea I can be wrong though and why trade McCarron to a division opponent unless you get a hell of a deal? If they were to end up making the Browns a competitor we could be paying for it for years.

1. You're looking at McNabb with the benefit of hindsight. No one thought McNabb was done after the 2009 season. Many thought the Eagles were foolish to trade him within the division. He had a 92.9 rating with 22 TDs to 10 INTs in 2009. It was on par with any other season of his career. The value he got in trade (at 33 years old) shows that the Skins didn't think he was done either.

2. Hey, if we can get the 2nd overall pick out of Cleveland, by all means I hope we try. Maybe they really want to emulate the Bengals (who could blame them?) and will be desperate to land McCarron to go with Hue. I'm just saying I don't think it's likely that the price will go that high. I'd be interested to see how many times - in NFL history - that the 2nd overall pick has been traded for a player, straight up. The Browns can be desperate and maybe a little dumb, but I wouldn't count on them being THAT dumb.

3. Are you saying you'd only give McCarron up for the 2nd overall pick? I think the 32nd overall pick would also be a hell of a deal. Heck I think a 3rd + a good player would be a really good deal. Honestly, it all depends on how the Bengals and Browns value McCarron. We as fans have a tendency to overvalue (or occasionally undervalue) players. There's so many variables. Who knows how the Bengals value McCarron, but on paper I think getting the 32nd overall pick for a 2014 5th rounder is an amazing return.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron - Shake n Blake - 01-16-2016, 07:51 PM