Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
(01-16-2016, 07:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. You're looking at McNabb with the benefit of hindsight. No one thought McNabb was done after the 2009 season. Many thought the Eagles were foolish to trade him within the division. He had a 92.9 rating with 22 TDs to 10 INTs in 2009. It was on par with any other season of his career. The value he got in trade (at 33 years old) shows that the Skins didn't think he was done either.

2. Hey, if we can get the 2nd overall pick out of Cleveland, by all means I hope we try. Maybe they really want to emulate the Bengals (who could blame them?) and will be desperate to land McCarron to go with Hue. I'm just saying I don't think it's likely that the price will go that high. I'd be interested to see how many times - in NFL history - that the 2nd overall pick has been traded for a player, straight up. The Browns can be desperate and maybe a little dumb, but I wouldn't count on them being THAT dumb.

3. Are you saying you'd only give McCarron up for the 2nd overall pick? I think the 32nd overall pick would also be a hell of a deal. Heck I think a 3rd + a good player would be a really good deal. Honestly, it all depends on how the Bengals and Browns value McCarron. We as fans have a tendency to overvalue (or occasionally undervalue) players. There's so many variables. Who knows how the Bengals value McCarron, but on paper I think getting the 32nd overall pick for a 2014 5th rounder is an amazing return.

I would trade McCarron for Alex Mack straight up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron - Brownshoe - 01-16-2016, 08:00 PM