Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
(01-16-2016, 11:09 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Finally someone with some sense on here. The McCarron hate on here is comical. If someone hadn't watched an NFL game in 5 or 6 years and read this board, they would think Dalton has won 3 Super Bowls and was the mvp for all of em. 

McCarron will be a high caliber starting QB in the NFL who doesnt crack under pressure. I'm not even gonna repond to all the idiotic things I've read on here about how bad AJ has been. All I will say is, AJ looks light years ahead of Andy in his 4th game. As to the wildcard game against the Steelers, noone lights it up in a downpour, just ask Tom Brady. 

I would trade Andy for a 1st round pick without hesitation and name AJ the starter going forward. Would set our franchise up for even more long term success.

This would be ridiculous.

I don't see anyone here saying AJM is terrible.  No one hates him.  However you are delusional if you think AJM is light years ahead of Andy. 

Trade AJM, a 3rd rounder for a back up QB that we got in the 5th round would be a win.

The only reason I wouldn't trade AJM for a 3rd rounder is because I think we could get more for him, from Cleveland and Hue.  Hue has to know that him being a long term HC will depend on his short term success with the Browns.  He needs a QB in order to have hope for short term success.

The draft doesn't have much to offer, FA isn't looking great, though there are some options.  No other team has back up QBs that look as accomplished as AJM.  So unless Cleveland is willing to allow him a couple years to find his guy and then see if he can be successful, then Hue will need one immediately.

That type of need, will allow us to negotiate a better offer for AJM and the 2nd round pick is more in line to what both parties would be looking for.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron - Sovereign Nation - 01-17-2016, 01:26 AM