Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
(01-17-2016, 02:31 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 1. He's a backup. He doesn't get many reps as is.
2. He hasn't beaten a team that had more than 5 wins. Although does deserve praise for his final drive against the Steelers. But he went 2-3. No, he didn't start against the Steelers the first time. But he played everything outside of the first drive.
3. Dalton is signed here longer than McCarron. And Dalton's numbers aren't as bad as people once thought. Even after this year.
4. It's preseason. The Bengals were decimated by the Bucs last preseason. Teddy looked like he was going to set the league on fire. Dalton looked like he was going to take a step back. Preseason means nothing other than getting some practice against other teams and to make a name for yourself as a backup and to make the team.
5. How did his presence do any of that? Dalton even stated he was motivated after the boo-ing at a charity game. And he worked out with Tom House.

McCarron is a backup QB. If a team is willing to trade for him, you can't say no because of "what if" and so on. if you believe the price is right, you take it. This is Dalton's team. No matter what the fans argue about.

The Bengals are going to have many holes this upcoming year due to free agency and players aging. There aren't many amazing backup QBs because, well, they're backups.

I'm with you on this.  If the Browns are really going to give us a deal on our backup QB I say we take it and run.  If we had been drafting busts I'd say to hold off, but I actually have faith our FO can make the most on flipping a backup QB for a decent pick.  I know, I just said that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron - Nately120 - 01-17-2016, 02:33 AM