Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron
I would easily be okay trading McCarron for some high level draft pick(s). Maybe swap 2nd rounders and they give us a 3rd or 4th or something.

McCarron was reliable and showed a lot of promise in his first 4 games and he knows Hue's system. But he also did not light up the stat sheet either. Cleveland is such a mess right now that getting an upgrade at QB is not going to suddenly make them contenders. They are losing two of their best offensive linemen this offseason and their defense ranks in the bottom 3rd of the major categories. It's going to take years and a lot of developing to if they want to seriously contend.

People seem to forget that helping Cleveland also helps us as well. Yes, we may have a tougher opponent for 2 games out of the year, but so will the Steelers and Ravens. Cleveland may be able to add a loss or two to their records here during our window to hopefully get a Super Bowl win.

Also our roster is pretty solid at this point. But I think you also got to take the chance of upgrading another position by moving McCarron. Dalton hadn't missed a game since he came into the league until that thumb this year. So he is pretty reliable to play every game, whereas McCarron might not see the field again until his contract is up. His trade stock will never be higher than it is now and you, more likely than not, will not have to use him again. I think you take the chance to get another high level draft pick to upgrade a weaker position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor Browns offer 3rd rounder for McCarron - CincyWestside - 01-19-2016, 05:32 PM