Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Have and Still Need A Top Linebacker Pick
(01-18-2016, 02:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I have always thought drafting a LB would be great idea. I'm guessing that the reason the team hasn't picked up another one high in the draft is because this team only has 2 LBs on the field a majority of the time. They have Rey and Tez, so I don't know where they would fit in.

Personally, I think getting a guy with a skill set like Darrin Lee would be a great move. I thought Jaylon Smith would be an option, but after Gurley got drafted #10 overall last year, I don't see 23 teams passing on a guy who was in the discussion as the best player in the draft.
There were some recent years that a linebacker the Bengals liked was taken right before the Bengals pick. Once that happened, they drafted best available athlete and brought in an old free agent in his last years to plug the hole. ...I'm hoping this year there is enough talent at LB to bring in some youth. We couldn't play a 3-4 if we wanted to because often we don't have enough talent to even play a 4-3. If we had more talent at LB, we would be awesome and Super Bowl.

Of the early LB's mentioned, I don't see the name Bosa, but I think the Ohio State guy will be Hall Of Fame Dick Butkis like in the NFL. ...I'm not saying Draft Him, but add him to the list of top LB names people are putting out there. THis could be a good draft year for LB's....( I also like Ohio States RB Elliott, and Gio and Hill show room for improvement. I see Bosa and Elliott playing in the NFL and they were key in that National CHampionship. Jones is big and a strong arm, but his best recievers graduated before his last year. Jones would be a good late draft pick for a team and he may need practice squad time, but he could be a Big Ben type that can throw deep and is hard to tackle being so big. I like that he won the Championship beating Alabama and Oregon. Still, Bosa and Elliott really stand out)
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Have and Still Need A Top Linebacker Pick - kevin - 01-23-2016, 03:46 AM