Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX.
(01-25-2016, 03:51 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If you are talking about Cam purchasing a stolen computer, this could have started as a felony charge for a theft over $300 but under the amount for a second degree felony.  It would be a third degree felony charge to start off with.   It would be very rare for anyone to get the max punishment of 5 years in prison or 5 years probation, which is what Florida law says is the max punishment for this.  Getting the pre trial diversion program on a first offense like this is very common, and not because of any special agreement with the college. Getting the charge reduced to a misdemeanor charge is also communion a first offense.   I have to get court records of offenses for my job and I see this all the time.  Highly unlikely anyone would be in prison for this crime on a first offense, especially if they had a decent attorney.  It is also very common for college and high school kids to make mistakes like this, and judges would and do hesitate to ruin their whole lives over it.   Pre trial diversion programs were created for purposes like these.  They are used often and not used to placate any college.
Just ask a certain former Ravens RB...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX. - jfkbengals - 01-25-2016, 04:12 PM