Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX.
(01-25-2016, 05:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He got better as his seasons progressed. Look at the difference between Kaepernick and Newton. Kaepernick is still a 1 read player and still struggled immensely. Newton has matured over the seasons.

So, you just said that Ginn is a primary target, and then Newton has to go through his progressions before he runs. You literally just said that. And if Newton only did that, defenses would have a much easier time beating him and figuring out his tendencies. He looked to another receiver? Get ready for him to run.

I'm not signing in to a site when I can look at the stats right on ESPN.

Ginn has never played like a 1st round WR. He's a bust. He's only eclipsed 500 receiving yards 3 times since 2007. And only had more than 700 yards twice. Never eclipsed  790 yards. Only reason he's had a decent season is BECAUSE of Newton. Ginn has a case of the drops too.

Devin Funchess was a tight end who converted to a WR. Almost half of his yards came in the last game.

You're putting too much emphasis on where people were drafted, rather than how they've played. Cam is the MVP because he played the best in the league. Period. And it wasn't the talent around him on offense. It was all him and Stewart. They're all pretty average receivers, and you can't even deny that. They have speed, but no one is going to out-muscle for a catch or make an incredible diving catch or be the best route runner.

It's not just Cam, but if he's not on that offense there's no way they're 15-1. Dominant defense, but Newton adds a dynamic that no one else does.

They beat a Texans team the Bengals lost to. They beat an Eagles team the Patriots lost to. They beat a Colts team the Broncos lost to. They destroyed the Cardinals and beat the Seahawks twice. Meanwhile I'm sure you were just as excited when the Bengals beat them. They were no push overs.

Don't even give the "west coast teams traveling" bull crap. Teams have to travel to the west coast too. That has little to no effect on the games in all actuality.

Cam Newton is much better than you give him credit for. He has average weapons outside of Olsen. He is that offense. Just because you think the offense is simple, doesn't mean it is. If that were the case, teams would be able to shut down Newton like they used to.

Plus, I'd rather trust other actual NFL analysts and experts rather than a Wall Street article from a guy who really only talks Fantasy Football rather than actual game tape. I mean, he talked about Adrian Peterson no longer being AD and basically being washed up: http://rotoviz.com/2015/11/adrian-peterson-is-no-longer-ad-michael-salfino-rotoviz-radio-92/

Funny how one had a 3:1 TD to INT ratio with 10 more rushing yards and became MVP. And the other led the league in rushing and tied for the most rushing TDs this season. Oh. And Newton was right behind him.

Reading comprehension is lost on you I see...

With regards to PRIMARY WRs, the Panthers primary is dictated by the PLAY call.  Where in most traditional set ups, the PRIMARY is usually the #1 WR. 

In our set up, Green is the PRIMARY WR. Megatron, Jordy Nelson are the primaries in their offenses.  So no matter the play, they are the ones the QB looks to first.  If the primary is covered, then you progress to the next target and so on and so forth.  Which is why everyone was so hard on Dalton for a while.  He would still throw to Green (the PRIMARY) even when Jones and Sanu were WIDE OPEN and not go through his projections.

The Panthers don't operate like that.  ONE play Ginn might be the primary target, the NEXT play Brown will be the primary target, the NEXT play the primary target is Olsen and the NEXT play it could be anyone of those guys or the RB.  The design of the play is what dictates the PRIMARY WR, not the depth chart of the WR core.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cam wins a playoff game and enters Super Bowl before we do under XXXX. - Sovereign Nation - 01-25-2016, 07:00 PM