Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Didn't Hill Have Two Hands On The Ball?
(02-09-2016, 10:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You'd think it would be common sense, as those of us that played football learned in the third grade, but, with Hill's fumbling problems, didn't the coaches preach that to him before he ran out onto the field?  Before he went out, Marvin and Hue, along with the damn water boy, should have been in his ear saying "wrap up with two arms,  We don't give a shit if you don't gain a single yard, just DON'T fumble."

And then even McCarron in the huddle should have been preaching it.

Why didn't they work on it in practice?  

Like I said, it should have been common sense, but, when a guy has a fumblin problem, it's obviously not.

[Image: aid40334-728px-Catch-a-Football-Step-5-Version-2.jpg]

Lap talked about it on the radio a couple weeks ago. He said that with the letdown season Hill was having, he was trying to hit home runs every time we touched the ball. He wanted to redeem himself, and just couldn't not go for it when he saw a sliver of daylight... It was a stupid decision, and he deserves some serious criticism, but a part of me feels for the guy.

I know I've certainly pushed bad decision making when I've been utterly frustrated. This stupid act, hopefully, won't define him. How he attacks the off season might, though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Didn't Hill Have Two Hands On The Ball? - gobobro - 02-10-2016, 02:43 PM