Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Didn't Hill Have Two Hands On The Ball?
(02-10-2016, 10:54 AM)Harmening Wrote: Is Jeremy Hill a member here?  I believe he is the only one who could answer this question.
No one ever discussed why players or coaches did certain things on the field?

Noted.

I've been going about this whole message board thing entirely the wrong way.
(02-10-2016, 12:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hill admitted that he had an issue and it needed to get fixed when interviewed back in September.
http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/19092/bengals-jeremy-hill-giovani-bernard-benching-message-sent-performance

Perhaps the coaches and team felt ball security was a no-brainer, especially if Hill worked on fumbling issues during the regular season already.

At some point, you have to trust that people on your team know what to do.

Responsibility should fall on Hill, he's admitted he made a mistake, and it's time to move on.
I know it's on Hill, but, when a guy has had a problem, you don't ignore it and just treat it like the monkey in the room, you grab him and say "put two hands on the ball.  Hell, if you feel anyone around you, just dive on the ground."
(02-10-2016, 02:43 PM)gobobro Wrote: Lap talked about it on the radio a couple weeks ago. He said that with the letdown season Hill was having, he was trying to hit home runs every time we touched the ball. He wanted to redeem himself, and just couldn't not go for it when he saw a sliver of daylight... It was a stupid decision, and he deserves some serious criticism, but a part of me feels for the guy.

I know I've certainly pushed bad decision making when I've been utterly frustrated. This stupid act, hopefully, won't define him. How he attacks the off season might, though.
Part of me feels for the guy, but part of me is still also bitter as hell because I sat in my wheelchair in the crippled section watching the game, was almost in tears of happiness when we intercepted that ball, to being in almost tears of sadness when Hill fumbled.  

We didn't need a homerun there, though.  He needs to understand that.  He had what, 5 or 6 yards?  He can also run for yards with two hands on the ball, which granted that it's much harder, but he has to understand.

The way he reacted when Burfict got the penalty, I'm pretty sure he won't make that mistake again, but who knows, because I didn't think there was any way he'd fumble away the city's spirit in that situation.  
(02-10-2016, 06:04 PM)Utts Wrote: I can tell you one thing for sure... If Gio had been available, he would have carried that football.

I keep forgetting he was hurt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Didn't Hill Have Two Hands On The Ball? - BFritz21 - 02-10-2016, 06:26 PM