Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for fun discussion, Josh Brown is available
(03-14-2016, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry to burst everyone's hate bubble, but I was just honestly asking why he was available.  I know he is good, but I didn't know if he had a drop of in 2015 or was injured.

In that case.

Nah, he just led the NFL in FG % at 93.8% and went to the Pro Bowl... BUT he's going to be 37 for the 2016 season. While kickers age crazy gracefully in NFL standards, a lot of people are seeing kickers like Justin Tucker coming in undrafted on 3yr/$1.44m deals and hoping they get lucky with a young cheap kicker.

He'll get a job somewhere for sure, probably at like 2yr/$6m is my guess, or maybe 3yr/$9m but structured so if they cut him before the third year there will be no cap hit. Good kickers are inexpensive in the overall picture, which made the Bengals sticking with Nugent for so long all that more baffling. Cutting Nugent and Hunt would pretty much pay for Brown on it's own and make the team better.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just for fun discussion, Josh Brown is available - TheLeonardLeap - 03-14-2016, 01:02 PM