Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domata Peko - Once and current great?
(06-11-2015, 11:25 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm just curious, who DO you like on this team?

list the players you would replace by putting better talent on the field
(this isn't some salty comment I just notice you don't seem to like many of the players on this team)

I just sometimes feel you want to revamp the entire team lol

QB - Is both overrated and underrated by some goofballs on here, but general consensus says Andy is an average QB and I have no problem with him here in 2015. IF he stinks it up this coming season, I do think we should look into a potential replacement. Depth seems okay but lacks experience.
RB - Looks good to me, good starters, solid and young depth
WR - Looks good to me, good starters, good depth
TE - Not much playing time here, I would have liked to see them retain Gresh for this reason. The paper talent is real at TE, let's see if it translates.
OT/OG/C - Top 5 in the league as a unit, got deeper in the draft, hopefully Bodine improves from his rookie season

DE/DT - Looks like the feared 2013 unit, the band is back together. Peko still sucks though, he hasn't been good for a couple of years now.
LB - Yikes if Burfict is out, but even if he's out then we have an issue. Maualuga is mediocre, Lamur was flat out bad in 2014 (let's hope for improvement since he's young), Hawk is past his prime, Vinny Rey is mediocre at best. The good news is this D lives and dies by the line and secondary, we don't need All-Pro LBs to succeed, even though it would surely be nice to see improvement in that area.
CB - Looks good. Jones + Kirkpatrick on the outside with Leon in the slot? Sign me up, assuming Dre Kirk is ready to start full time. Dennard seems promising for the future.
S - Most underrated starters in the league, sketchy depth. Let's hope these guys continue to both play almost 100% of the snaps.

P - Awesome
K - Meh, whatever, maybe the rookie will be good? If not, Nugent is serviceable.
It's worth noting that the Bengals had/have excellent punt and kick coverage units. This goes unnoticed for a lot of fans, but ST is a big part of the game.

Overall, I like the looks of the Bengals' roster. I'd have loved to see 1 solid addition to the LB corp other than an aging Hawk, and I'd like to see a better NT on the field than Peko. I'd hardly call that "revamping the whole team", or me not liking most of the team. Lamur had a shitty 2014 and Peko flat out sucks now. Other than that, I don't really bash any/many of our players. I find that some people think that me pointing out that Andy isn't Dan Marino means that I "hate" the guy. Or when I say that Rey Maualuga isn't a 3 down LB that doesn't deserve 3 down LB money that it means I want him cut from the team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Domata Peko - Once and current great? - djs7685 - 06-11-2015, 11:51 AM