Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domata Peko - Once and current great?
(06-12-2015, 03:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sims...54 tkls....41 solo tkls...2 sacks
Peko...52 tkls....24 solo tkls...3 sacks

See why I don't like the official stats? Tackles, solo tackles, sacks. Great. That's a ton of information right there. Whether the other stuff is subjective or not (assists actually are as well), I enjoy having access to more than the basic stats of tackles, sacks, FF, and INT.

(06-12-2015, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hint:  If you want to look smart then say something real.

For example please give the exact difference in the definition of "assisted tackle" from both NFL and PFF.  Tell me what the difference is.

I did say something "real", I exaggerated a point to display my disdain for the NFL assist stat.

It's entirely subjective, I don't think you'll find an exact definition from both websites, but here's my take on it.

PFF doesn't seem to give out assists unless the guy actually is PART of the tackle. Meaning, he can't just be in the general area with a hand on the guys arm as he's being taken down. The guy can't be getting blocked out of the play and end up with an assist just because he touched the offensive player before he went down. The NFL seems to be MUCH more lenient with giving out assisted tackles. I don't know their exact definition of what should be an assist, but I don't think they even follow it exactly since it is absolutely a subjective statistic.

Agree or disagree, my post is very "real". No need to be a complete jerkoff and write off my opinion just because I'm not only using facts about something that's subjective to begin with. Believe it or not, everything in life isn't going to be 100% true or false based on factual evidence.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Domata Peko - Once and current great? - djs7685 - 06-12-2015, 03:33 PM