Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domata Peko - Once and current great?
(06-12-2015, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Peko....50 tackles....28 solo....1 sack....3 stuffs
Sims....25 tackles....17 solo....0 sacks...2 stuffs

What were their snap counts? Let's not pretend that's not a factor.

Peko does get extra points for staying healthy.

(06-12-2015, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Give an example of an assist that Peko did not deserve.

Just one will do.

Do you happen to have the film for me for every single assisted tackle that the NFL gave to Peko in his career? If you have the YouTube link for that, I'll gladly let you know if there are any I disagree with. Until then, I don't know how I would show you that. If I put a game on, will there be a tally on the screen that shows when they gave Peko an assist and when they didn't? I don't understand how you want me to give you this example when there isn't any tape out there that shows exactly when he was/wasn't credited with assists.

(06-12-2015, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I want to see a list of all the DTs rankings from 2013.  I'll bet if you look at the entire list you will see a lot of DTs that are either underrated or overrated by PFF.

McCoy, Suh, Mebane, Harrison, Casey, Dareus, Starks, Hatcher, Knighton, Atkins, Poe, Jackson, Short, Klug, McDaniel, Lotulelei, Odrick, Sims, Ngata, Soliai, Mosley, Williams, Dorsey, Joseph, Taylor, Cofield, McDonald, McLendon, Williams, Hill, Fairley, Jenkins, Peters, Logan, Bunkley, Wootton, Unrein, Johnson, Babineaux, Patterson, Walker, Edwards, Marks, Franklin, Langford, Evans, Williams, Jenkins, Nevis, Floyd, Thomas, Paea, Brockers, Pickett, Mitchell, Vickerson, Vellano, Thompson, McGee, Guion, Cole, Deaderick, Cohen, Miller, Jerry, Peko, Spence, Hayden, Jones

Now, you have to remember that those are just rankings by overall +/- grade. Some guys weren't terrible in certain facets of the game but they got taken down by other things (Langford is 44 overall but is actually considered the 14th best against the run, his 10 total penalties brought his grade down significantly). You're not going to see any guys on top of the list that didn't have a good 2013, and you aren't going to find any guys on the bottom of that list that didn't suck in 2013 in one way or another. PFF isn't the end-all system of the world for ranking players, but they sure can point you in the right direction. You're never going to see guys at the bottom of any of their lists that had GOOD years.

For some reason, these guys don't agree with your absurd stance that having a decent amount of tackles automatically means you couldn't have had a rough year. Have fun being delusional and thinking Peko isn't bad because he had 30 tackles and the Bengals paid him a bunch of money this one time. That stuff obviously means he's awesome!!!

(06-16-2015, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sims has hit the free agent market three times in his career.  He has never even been paid $2 million a year.

And I am pretty sure that every NFL team used their eyeballs when evaluating him.

He just is not as good as a lot of people here claim.  

Well if whoever gets paid more = who is more talented, I hope you remember that for the future. That's an interesting take that Sims can't be considered a decent player since he didn't get paid X amount in his career.

I don't see anyone here claiming that Sims is the most amazing athlete of all time, I think you just have a problem with the guy because of your sick obsession with one of the worst NT in football, Domata Peko.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Domata Peko - Once and current great? - djs7685 - 06-16-2015, 02:58 PM