Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
PFF believes the Bengals' roster has gotten worse.
The notion that the rats and steelers improved so much is pretty suspect.

The rats added a suspect TE and a WR whose hands got compared UNFAVORABLY to Darius Heyward Bey. Plus they lost Ngata who was (despite their claims otherwise) the lynchpin of their defensive front.

What supposedly did the Steelers do? They started a purge on defense (including LeBeau) and really added no one to address the huge issues on that side of the ball. And while their offense looked outright killer in stretches it also disappeared in stretches and again received no upgrades. I'm not seeing this "improvement".

Brownies? They did add some nice draft picks but I keep remembering these are the Browns. They are developing a nice defense but their offense is not there.

And...us.

We added help at DE and DT on the D line - which was the biggest problem. We also reinforced LB in both Free Agency and the draft and likewise helped the secondary in the draft. On offense we rebuilt our depth on the OL (which bit us last season near the end) and also added players at TE and WR - the two areas wrecked by injuries last season. Add in returning injured players in Eifert and Marvin Jones and I fail to see where we are not sufficiently "improved"...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF believes the Bengals' roster has gotten worse. - Joelist - 06-12-2015, 05:23 PM