Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread
(04-10-2016, 08:06 PM)kevin Wrote: WOW !!!......The Pirates laid it on the Cardinals and the Reds laid it on the Pirates.....Reds win series over Phillies and Pirates in the first week......and again the surprise star is the entire Reds pitching staff.  Considered maybe the worst staff after all the trades, they have risen from last to near first early on in Fantasy League ratings.  Another week of this type pitching and Fantasy owners may be rushing to swap for the Reds pitchers. ......Cubs and Cardinals are up next, and if Reds pitching takes series from Pirates, Cubs and Cardinals, then Reds are for real. These wins in April count as much as wins in September. .......I was hoping Reds would be better, but I was accepting experts saying last place while team rebuilds. If this pitching continues this hot against Cubs and Cardinals, the Reds Are For Real right now. .....GO PITCHING, GO REDS........Lou did say he liked the young Reds pitchers. Lou, who was known for saying Reds didn't have enough pitching, even in 1990, he normally doesn't say he likes the pitching.  So far the pitching is 100 % better than most but Lou thought it would be.........Reds pitching is probably the biggest surprise in all baseball after this first week. 

Of my 3 free Fantasy Teams, I couldn't attain any Reds hitters in the drafts, but somebody just dropped Phillips and I grabbed him right away. ...and If Reds pitchers  have another week like this, I may make them my back-up pitching staffs on all my teams before everybody else grabs them. I would have to drop some good pitching staffs, but ...When your hot, your hot. ....GO REDS....Then once added, Reds could be my starting staff if they are the hottest. ......Great first week for Reds and the Reds pitching.  I thought they could hit, I didn't know they could pitch.

Gotta keep the expectations tempered. While the hot start is great, the bullpen isn't proven and the starting staff is REALLY young and inexperienced. Theres gonna be some hiccups with the starting staff. Still the team looks like they want to play for each other, hopefully they can keep it up against Cubbies. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread - pdub2005 - 04-10-2016, 08:39 PM