Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Tez play this season? (Coley Harvey)
(06-17-2015, 11:55 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I wouldn't be upset if they did try it out, but only if they had the proper personnel to pull it off.

It's like a lot of Bengals' fans on here always clamor to use the TEs like the old Patriots without realizing that we don't have the QB, HC, OC, or TEs capable of running it at such a high level. There's a reason that there have only been a couple of teams to successfully pull it off, which leads me to believe there are specific reasons that teams aren't jumping to try and turn their defense into Seattles. There's a LOT more to it than just "hey, we want to be like the best defense in the league!" and then magically turning into them.

Right, but my main reason in posting that was to show that you don't need to transition completely to a 3-4 in order to get pressure on the QB. IF we were to make any changes on defense schematically, I would rather that we pushed for this Seattle style instead of a 3-4.

I completely agree with you though, we don't have the coaches to utilize the talents we often have. For instance, Eifert is a great receiver as we know, but now that Gresham is gone they will probably try to turn Eifert into a blocker and we will rarely see him catch downfield passes, its just how our coaches are. (I hope I'm wrong on that one but can you not envision Eifert just turning into Gresham? short routes and blocking ugh).

Personally I think we have the personell to pull off a Seattle style defense (if we would ever draft some pass rushers), but Marvin Lewis has egg shelled himself into the way he plays D.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Tez play this season? (Coley Harvey) - GreenCornBengal - 06-17-2015, 03:17 PM